Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: VBulletin Upgrade Errors

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Default Re: VBulletin Upgrade Errors

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    I get the v-bulletin default on loading forums page from my tablet, but if I click a sub-forum, when that loads it sorts itself out - does that happen for you?
    No. My tablet only shows V-Bulletin, and it's obtuse functionality.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I had TWC with the Default Mobile Style skin on my mobile phone some days ago without having done anything. I just changed it back to the TWCenter one and since, everything is fine. I can't say if it's the same problem you're having
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Blame it on me (I guess) - I had several messages by newcomers complaining about the forum not having a phone skin. While we do have one it wasn't activated by default when accessing TWC with a phone, that is until I activated that particular setting a couple of weeks ago.

As with all the skins that we have you can simply select another one (PC skins only, sorry) and as long as your cookie isn't deleted on your phone (or PC) it will retain your choice.

If that wasn't the underlying problem then I am only too happy not having been responsible for the anguish.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 22, 2019 at 10:15 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The last week i have constant "Database Error" screen message. I have to rephrase the page more than ten times to have me in ...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Over the past 48 hours I have had constant "database error" messages when trying to log in.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Over the past 48 hours I have had constant "database error" messages when trying to log in.
    Same here, but sometimes I could login and logout despite the server issue. Mostly I had database error when trying to logout.

However, navigating in the forums has been almost impossible and if I tried I always got the database error.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The last week i have constant "Database Error" screen message. I have to rephrase the page more than ten times to have me in ...
    Not sure why you had it the whole week - seems it happened only for roughly 48 hours with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Reckon someone was working on it as occasionally it was possible to log in as Leonard said.

You can always check the status of the site here: https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/twcenter.net.html

Last edited by Gigantus; December 30, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

Good to have the site back up. Even though it's the holidays and all, hope you guys didn't have to spend too much time fixing the site.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The problem still exists.. In Android instead of the TWC forums the bulletin screen appears.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The problem still exists.. In Android instead of the TWC forums the bulletin screen appears.
    Have you tried changing it back to the desktop skin? (Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on 'Full Site'.)

If you've done that, then - as Gigantus said here - as long as your TWC cookies aren't deleted, your phone/tablet should carry on using the desktop skin.

Yesterday and today I got a message saying that I need to leave the page or stay, which usually happen after clicking on the submit button. Has anyone notice the same thing as I have?

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I imagine this is a result of you having typed something into the quick reply box before hitting exit.

This is what happens when I type something into the chat and then hit exit.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Yesterday and today I got a message saying that I need to leave the page or stay, which usually happen after clicking on the submit button. Has anyone notice the same thing as I have?
    It does occasionally happen after clicking submit, makes for a anxious moment if I just wasted some time of my life typing my latest epiphany. Thankfully that's not the case. I did however notice that it happens mostly after some delay between the last input\edit and clicking the submit button.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I imagine this is a result of you having typed something into the quick reply box before hitting exit.

This is what happens when I type something into the chat and then hit exit.
    And this is the situation where it serves as reminder that the edit isn't saved\submitted - the original purpose of the pop up.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Remind me, what do I have to do to solve the annoying issue of constantly having to re enter my credentials every time I log into TWC?

the "remind me" buttons doesn't seem to be working
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Are you using the https link?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I should...
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

yeah if you use a link with http:// it doesn't recognise you

if you arrive by one of them and then click some other forum view that next page will come up as https:// and it will have remembered you (which is quicker than manually logging in) - but fixing the bookmarks/links is better as it stops us spreading the problem when sharing links!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It does occasionally happen after clicking submit, makes for a anxious moment if I just wasted some time of my life typing my latest epiphany. Thankfully that's not the case. I did however notice that it happens mostly after some delay between the last input\edit and clicking the submit button.

And this is the situation where it serves as reminder that the edit isn't saved\submitted - the original purpose of the pop up.
    Could that indicate that the cache memory on the server needs to be purged, hence for having forum hiccups now and then?

Although, I don't remember when the last time it happen. Probably in Summer 2019 when GED and Squid made several updates on TWC e.g installing SSL protocol (https://).
    Last edited by Leonardo; April 24, 2020 at 04:14 AM. Reason: BBCode tag added

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I saw it too. Opened a thread in a new tab, read the post, clicked close tab and got this message. And I didn't try to type anything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234