Thread: Modding in Region Trading

Default Modding in Region Trading

So, I would like to mod region trading back into the mod. How would I go about doing this?
    Love your enemy, it'll scare the hell out of him.-Mark Twain
    "'Khe San' died. Peacefully, in bed. Of gunshot wounds."
    -Darius Jedburgh, Edge Of Darkness

Default Re: Modding in Region Trading

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Uranus View Post
    So, I would like to mod region trading back into the mod. How would I go about doing this?
    Well it's been over a year, but maybe you'll see this.

The setting is done in data/main/scripting.lua

You'll see "local function OnWorldCreated()" on line 889. Inside the body of that function are dozens of lines that disable region trading and state gifts, at the start of the game.
    e.g.

Code:
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("austria", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("bavaria", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("britain", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("chechenya_dagestan", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("colombia", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("courland", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("denmark", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("france", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    	scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy("genoa", "barbary_states", "regions", false, false)
    You can delete every force_diplomacy line in that function with "regions" in it and that should prevent it from blocking region trading. You'll need to start a new game after you make the change.