Thread: Grand Campaign startpos modification crashing on diplomacy OR after 1-3 turns. Help?

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Default Grand Campaign startpos modification crashing on diplomacy OR after 1-3 turns. Help?

I have an inkling that removing the Etruscan League but leaving them as a rebel faction may have caused the issue?

But.

All the changes were:

Velathri/Arminum were given to Rome. (Rebel faction not changed, remains Etruscan League)
    Alalia given to Carthage (buildings changed to match Carthage's building culture, rebel faction not changed and remains Etruscan League)
    All of Libya's holdings given to Carthage (rebel faction not changed, remains Libya)
    Tingis and Iol given to Carthage (rebel faction was already Carthage)
    Ibossim/Qart Hadasht given to Nova Carthago (rebel faction changed to Nova Carthago)

All instances of diplomacy relating to Libya and the Etruscan League were deleted. What might be the cause of the CTD? For the life of me, the file won't attach here so I can't provide it on the front end.

Any help would be appreciated!

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Default Re: Grand Campaign startpos modification crashing on diplomacy OR after 1-3 turns. Help?

Did you delete all characters of the Etruscans? If they are meant to be an "emerging faction" they shouldn't have any characters at the start. Did you make sure that neither Rome nor Carthage got two capital cities? Because the Etruscans have a capital too, factions shouldn't have 2 capitals. (This could well be the reason for the crashes in diplomacy)