Thread: Campaign Unplayable.

Default Campaign Unplayable.

Hi, first I want to say this is an excellent mod, it really enhances the game. I've been having a problem progressing on a campaign. I have verified this multiple times: any save file that goes beyond winter 1751 is unloadable.

Meaning I still get to play beyond that point with no problems, but if I save beyond that point, quit the campaign and try to load it from the menu, the game would crash as if the file was corrupted.

Again I have narrowed to that specific point and verified this multiple times, with 4 turns per year that is turn 206-207 and coincides with the shift from summer to winter of that year (1751).

I have been thinking that it might be that this was a short campaign, where the objectives must be met at year 1750 (I still wanted to keep playing anyway). The settings from the launcher where ultimate early.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Campaign Unplayable.

How disappointing! It sounds like you're experiencing saved game corruption, the solution which worked for me is here. Good luck!

Default Re: Campaign Unplayable.

Hey im having a similar issue, i downloaded 8.0 and patch to data folder, noticed the game crashing immediately, moved the boot.pack out of the data file to recycle bin and left dmeboot.pack in the data folder. I use the desktop launcher, select custom 4tpy and launch the game manually, the game has the darthmod starwars like boot screen, and the darthmod opening screen with the darthmod lettering on top and different music than vanilla. When i try to start a campaign, the game loads and loads and eventually crashes without the screen where i would choose a country ever pops up. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and trying to boot it after moving out different of the .pack files to see if any particular file could be causing the issue but whenever i move any .pack file out of the data folder the launcher moved in it wont even boot up to the loading darth mod screen. Anyone able to boot but seeing a crash only when you open the campaign?