Thread: Permanent Forts + Field Costs +Increased garrisons Beta version

Icon4 Permanent Forts + Field Costs +Increased garrisons Beta version

As the title says, this submod brings permanent forts (around 40 forts) to the campaign map. It also has a revised field costs script and the garrison script from my previous submod with Gader getting a scripted garrison.

I also increased the kings purse for small factions, that is, factions with less than 5 settlements receive more money, this is mainly to help them being more agressive against the rebel faction but will also give an additional challenge to the player. I increased the clawback limit to 49k, before it was 29k. This is a limit that takes money from the AI when they reach that particular amount of money in order to stop the AI from accumulating too much money. However, previous testing from me has seen that increasing this to 49999 has really no negative effects and it stops with the situation in which the player becomes the richest faction in the game almost immediately.

About the field costs: The revised script takes more money (150 when you have a stack outside your settlements, 250 when the stack is in enemy territory and 500 when your stack is besieging an enemy settlement), however, it only starts affecting you when you have more than 5 settlements and it only affects civilized factions (so no tribal, nomad factions are affected). Moreover, when your faction has more than 19 settlements, there is an increase in this cost that affects every faction. That is, if you are a tribal or a nomad faction, you start to loose 200 mnai for being on enemy lands and 300 mnai for besieging and if you are a civilized faction, you will have to pay this money plus what you already paid, increasing siege costs to 800 mnai and the costs of being in enemy territory to 450 mnai.

About the permanent forts: There are around 40 dispersed in the campaign map, they are appear in 4 different models on the map, sadly, the battle map will be the same for everyone because that is the limit of my knowledge (the battle map is basically a tribal fort battle). They can hold 3 free upkeep units, this is because I believe that those Forts can work like an ancient "police" force to project your faction's military power, with for example, 1 cavalry unit and 2 infantry units, that will strike at the small stacks that appear around the map, but will need help from the regional capital if stronger forces appear. They are mostly positioned in the west because it is difficult to place forts in the map so I went for the regions that I know better and followed the minor settlement slave resource. Believe me, I lost a good amount of hours due to crashes because of forts being placed where they couldn't be placed.

This is not savegame compatible and besides extracting the folder and placing the files in the right place in your mod, you will have to delete the map.rwm that you can find in data/world/maps/base. Delete also the export_VnVs.txt.strings.bin, the names.txt.strings.bin and the expanded.txt.strings.bin file in data/text. All this files will be regenerated by the game once you start a new campaign, however it will take a bit longer to load on the first time you start a new campaign after installing this submod, do not despair.

It includes Hannibal Barca files for him to appear on the campaign and I increased a bit the chances to get both the Barcid and Anti-Barcid traits. My advice is to begin a new campaign with Carthage because it is near the regions with the most forts and already starts with 6 forts.

Enjoy

Thanks to the EBII team for this awesome mod!
    Thanks to all the support from the forum members!

P.S: No, I didn't included images because I want you to be surprised x)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Permanent Forts + Field Costs +Increased garrisons Beta version

great, i will be sure to give this a go. thanks a lot for the effort

Great news, Lusitanio!
    Hope to find time soon to give this a go.
    The concept seems to be absolutely amazing.
    It'd be great to have the permanent forts back.

Thank you for your effort!

Thanks guys! I think I have put every file needed but when you install check if it crashes because it may happen if I forgot to put any file related with the wonders that has to be changed. Anyway, I can show some images of the forts on the campaign map if you want to see how they look like!

Ok guys, I know some of you would love to see some pics without getting the submod so this is for you,it still doesn't show all the changes that I made, like some new garrisons in permanent forts, new models to the forts (I used old EBII fort models).

i dont think the forts work. all i see are the regular walled 'minor settlements' icons, i.e. 'fort' in Tushpa is just that. the diplomacy options were replaced by the fancier versions, but apart from that not sure if the field costs work. would they be under the expenses somewhere? thanks.

Well, they work on my build so we have to figure out what went wrong x)

So, you're saying that the forts do not appear on your campaign map? But do the minor settlements appear on the places where I put the forts? See for example Sicily, are the Minor settlements there or Forts?
    The field costs work, however because they use the console command add_money -x, you will not see them on the expenses menu. The best way to notice the field costs is playing with a faction that has them and pressing end turn, if you have troops on enemy lands or even troops besieging a city, you will see a reduction in your treasury as soon as you press the end turn button. Try starting a campaign with a big faction like the Seleucids and besiege a settlement, you will see easily if it is working or not.

So, you're saying that the forts do not appear on your campaign map? But do the minor settlements appear on the places where I put the forts?
    correct.

btw, check out my new series based on the epic EBII historical battles superpack. sorry for mentioning it here.:/ i posted it in Historical Gameplay thread but it doesnt show due to forum's issues.:-(

Well, if you replaced the files that is simply impossible of happening because the descr_strat file that is included in the submod files replaces the minor settlements icons. If you replaced it correctly, there would be only two options, either you would have the forts on campaign or the game would crash due to possible problems.

So, what I ask you to do, is check your descr_start file in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign, open it with notepad ++ and go to the end of the file and check the forts there. Be also sure to delete the map.rwm file in data/world/maps/base before you start a new campaign because it will generate the map.

The other two files related with the forts are descr_cultures and descr_campaign_db.

Btw: I actually noticed that I left the descr_strat file in the data section, so if you didn't moved it to the data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign, it wouldn't have any effect.

damn, just remembered, i didnt delete map.rwm etc. that must be it. iirc, i unzipped your folder into ebii/data. was that the right destination or is it mods/ebii? good thing i backed everything up.

Good idea with your series, I didn't want to play the battles due to time restraits but at least I can see a bit of how they look like

You unzipped it in the right path, however, like I said, I left the descr_strat file in the data, I forgot to put it in the data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign. Therefore, since you unzipped it, search for the descr_strat file that should be in data and replace it with the original EBII 2.35 descr_strat file that is in the imperial_campaign folder. Next delete map_rwm and start a new campaign

Damn I can't edit my post. Replace the descr_strat file in the imperial_campaign folder with the descr_strat file that is in this submod files