Thread: Forum functionalities unavailable; cannot find place to report

Default Forum functionalities unavailable; cannot find place to report

I have not been able to edit my posts (I am pretty anal about misspellings) nor reply with a quote. I have tried Firefox and Opera browsers, which have both worked fine before.

I tried looking for a technical reporting subforum in the TWC root, but could not. I appreciate any help with the issue itself or with finding the correct place to post my concern.

Default Re: Forum functionalities unavailable; cannot find place to report

This may be a side-effect of the forum upgrade.

Some upgrade, then!

If you folks reading this are having the same issue, please drop a line here in this thread. It is unlikely that we can get anyone to help me, but if a significant number of users are affected, there is a chance that we can escalate the issue somehow.

Have been having this type of problems for days now, can't edit my posts, suddendly my answers appear 3 times in a row, I can't even put smiley faces xD

I can only assume it's being fixed in the background, and this isn't the new normal state of things on TWC.

Does not work on Microsoft Edge either. All browsers have the same issues, including having text and panes overlapping in a separate ("advanced") reply screen. There also all browsers display these error messages on the top of the page:

Warning
    : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in
    ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php
    on line

Warning
    : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in
    on line

Warning
    on line

Warning
    on line

Warning
    on line

As for Lusitanio's report on duplicate posts, I have recently seen several of QS's posts duplicated.

Right now the forum is excruciatingly slow. Loading this short thread can take longer than 10 seconds although the internet connection seems fine.

There is indeed a thread about the recent problems; it was just well hidden away.

The problem with not being able to reply with quote can be fixed by changing something called wysiwyg editor into source mode (worked for me):

https://i.imgur.com/BX8syf5.png

Use this link to find the thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?795362-Total-War-Center-Server-Updates

I still need to figure out how to edit posts. Some other problems may have been dealt with in the background.

Kilo11 presented a workaround for the editing problem (a big hand for Kilo11). May require the source mode fix mentioned above.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15766982