Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Total Bananas - 1099 - beta#4 - And with utter certainty, I say it is half in the bag...

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Total Bananas - 1099 - beta#4 - And with utter certainty, I say it is half in the bag...

Only other thing I can think of would be another mod has altered the base game files, like "Eras Conquest" and "Third Age: Divide and Conquer" both alter the game files which prevents many mods from working

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Default Re: Total Bananas - 1099 - beta#4 - And with utter certainty, I say it is half in the bag...

If tvb and other foldered mods work, this is most likely not the case
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

For me some mods still worked even when I had Eras Conquest installed, but your Total Vanilla and Total Bananas didn't work which ended up with me buying a new copy of Medieval 2 on Steam XD

Awww, thats sweet. Just for me. Now i feel special

Author of
    Developer of

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Haha yeah, tried reinstalling with my cd but I lost the second disc =( so I bought it on Steam for a clean install to try these mods =P

Here we go, i did not kompress this one to exclude any compression related issues.
    Now it is 3.8 gig big.

I hope this works

Bananas beta 4.5.2
    https://mega.nz/#!CaZxSQ6K!jmtBUtgMn...Au4xFSTyi4UT8I

Author of
    Developer of

nice work! What changed in 4.5.2?

This mod worked for me so I am downloading MTW Ottoman Invasion. Going to install it once I have everything downloaded.

@brian

not much, just minor changes that I did since yesterday. This was just to give karasis a opportunity to try another version and see if it works for him

@sulli
    good to hear. what is the mtw ottoman version? i am confused.

Author of
    Developer of

Hello there,

I'd like to thank you for your mod. I've played it for a while and it really add fun to the campaign.
    I decided to do a new campaign with scotland. Unfortunately I found pikemen quite useless as they break formation too easily. I therefore wanted to change pikemen units stats (housing space and stats for both primary and secondary weapon).
    The game crash whenever I try to change those stats. Any ideas why ?

I'd really like to be able to fix this, if anyone can help I'll very much enjoy it !

Thanks a lot for the new upload just for my problem, you have been really, really helpful, but it doesn't worked. I really can not understand while total vanilla runs perfectly I get instant CTD in this. It seems no bananas for me for a time being

@mtw_obs
    you are welcome

simply changing stats (existing numbers) (this does not include removing them), should not lead to a ctd. You could look at the last few lines of the log, that will tell you most of the time where the issue lies

@karasis
    I am really sorry. I am out of ideas here at the moment.
    Albeit one last thing, are you playing with english or german language, if in german you may want to switch to english.
    That, besides a new install of Medieval 2 is the last straw I have at the moment.

Author of
    Developer of

Beware of the Mounted Doomfire Warlocks of the East
    (Just a small additon from me)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Author of
    Developer of

Shouldn't norway get access to the norse axeman?

@brian

nope, they have the Sami Axemen and the Gotland Footmen (more than adequate for not having Norse Axemen (and Sami Axemen are more or less Norse Axemen)

Author of
    Developer of

I am using med2 in English, since many mods require that. I am also thinking about doing a new installation of med2, Maybe even a separate installation in other disc in order to test it. I will let you know if that works

Shoudn't the turks have Saracen militia, dismounted arab knights, dismounted mamluk archers, and shouldn't most of Europe have men at arms and dismounted men at arms?

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Couple things, the growth in America needs to be lowered to normal growth rate because they can only get to Minor Cities so their squalor goes through the roof very quickly, need to have an army in the settlement just to maintain public order. And every time I panned past Marrakesh something kept bugging me, my ocd was not happy for some reason XD I realized earlier that there is no gold mine in the region!? There should be a gold mine in the hills just beneath the city

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

With the Moors, how come they get access to Berber Spearmen before Nubian Spearmen? They cost the same, have the same stats etc except the Berber Spearmen have traits where the Nubian Spearmen don't, so technically shouldn't they be recruited first?

@4zumi
    I checked the last two lines of the system.log and there's nothing particular. I did not add any data only changed existing values. Any idea why this keep make the game crash ?

Here are the last two lines
    [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/banana/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 1, column 1
    Unknown identifier when new type expected
    [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/banana/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Thank you in advance for your help !