Thread: siege machines and their unique crews

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default siege machines and their unique crews

Re-making Lombards i came a cross with an issue regarding the crews of each faction artilery crews.
    For Romans (greek ingame) it was easy.
    It is easy for Islamic factions to have one common model with re-colored textures.
    The problem comes to north_european , eastern_european and south_european.
    South_european can use Italian militias common crews (Pope, Venice, Lombards).
    But northern_european requires a number of different crews depending on each faction as welll as for each eastern european one.
    I can not have a bulgarian crew in a Croatian balista or an east frankian crew for HRE balista and so on...
    Can we make multiple balista , catapult (onager) and trebushet (magnonel) entries to have unique crews as well?
    In our mod we have a common balista , onager and magnonel (as trebushet) with also common textures for all cultures/factions.
    Is it possible to create separate entries for each artilery machine for each faction inorder to have its own faction crews?
    If yes -exept bmdb - what file should I modify and how?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: siege machines and their unique crews

Well, there is no 'faction_variant' for unit models - which means you are stuck with creating multiple EDU entries for your engines if you want to use different unit models. Same way as vanilla does.

If it's just a matter of different skins then it works the same way as any unit model does.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: siege machines and their unique crews

Well, there is no 'faction_variant' for unit models - which means you are stuck with creating multiple EDU entries for your engines if you want to use different unit models. Same way as vanilla does.

If it's just a matter of different skins then it works the same way as any unit model does.
    Thanks.
    For "greek" aka Byzantine/Roman and Middle Eastern crews is true a matter of recolored textures on common body.
    Same might be for southern european.
    But for Rus, Northern_european and eastern european i will split the engines to each faction inorder to have them unique crews.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.