Thread: Reform automatic occurrence

Default Reform automatic occurrence

This is related to the last thread I created. In my Carthage campaign, I don't have any Barcids at all in order to meet the requirements for the Barcid reforms. According to the guide, the reform requirements are:
    After 237BC
    Have 6 or more Major land battles against the RomansOwn Mastia/Qart-Hadasht of Iberia, Gadir and Qart-Hadasht.

Have a Barcid Rab Mahnet Ish Nokhe.(Pro-Barcid general of the army Faction Leader)

It also has a further panoply reform from around 200-190 BCE once those conditions are met.

My question is what does a player do if they don't have a Barcid? In a different scenario, what if the Romans are all gone for some reason? Is there an automatic reform? If there is, the guide should probably mention it in there since it is kind of confusing. If there is no automatic occurrence, it might be a good idea to add one in case the reform requirements can't be meant.

Default Re: Reform automatic occurrence

If you don't have a Barcid, use the console to make one.

It isn't intended to be a foregone conclusion that the reform happens, which is why it doesn't have a fallback.

Still, there is currently no way to obtain new Barcid characters without cheating. Will that be fixed?

But shouldn’t it be a “foregone conclusion” at some point in time? It is unlikely, but what if Rome dies off too quickly?

No, it's not intended to always happen. If Rome dies off too quickly, or you never get a Barcid FM, then it won't.

Doesn't every other faction reform have a failsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirtius View Post
    Not every faction is the same. For the most part, simple failsafes are AI-only (though I've just removed the AI version of the Marian reforms if the faction is dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Hirtius View Post
    Not every faction is the same. For the most part, simple failsafes are AI-only (though I've just removed the AI version of the Marian reforms if the faction is dead).