Thread: Axe head texture appearing on only one side of the axe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Axe head texture appearing on only one side of the axe

So I've made a new unit with its own model in Barbarian Invasion using the axe from the Chosen Axemen. All I've done to the axe is shorten the handle and in-game the axe head only appears from one perspective, that is looking at the soldier from the soldier's right. On the left the axe head is invisible.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Axe head texture appearing on only one side of the axe

@Khorps

Upload the model and texture please and I will see
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Here,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

@Khorps

Heyo, I fixed the model. Basically what I did - I cloned the face with axe skin and flipped normals on the clone. Also I fixed UVWs for the LODs so the lower skirt is no longer transparent now and shield border is no longer having visible lines over alpha channel.

Feel free to join our Rome - Total War Discord server for more operative communication for modding help: https://discordapp.com/invite/p4jnanZ
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Thanks, it works!

Also thanks for the discord link.