Thread: [Potential WIP]Army Unit Cap based on value of units

Default [Potential WIP]Army Unit Cap based on value of units

Ok, so the title says it all. I find, like so many others, that siege battles are boring, and that constant doomstacks are annoying. So.. the jist is I'm playing a boring and annoying game by turn 40ish.

So the idea is to forgo set number army cap (20 units) and incorporate a gold value cap to essentially have the campaign become a bunch of quick match games. Along with that I believe a change would need to happen where there would be no way to reinforce for AI or yourself. Garrisons may need to be changed/removed, or outright siege maps removed if possible (preferably).

So I did a quick search and I couldn't find anything concerning the army unit cap, let alone enforcing a value cap. The reason this is a proposal/wip is because I have no problems trying to do it myself. In fact afaik I have both the tools that I should need to get it done.. just a matter of knowing how to use it now. I was wondering if someone could point me in the general direction of where I could find the campaign unit cap so I could actually start digging into it.. because as of now.. I've just looked at a hundred dozen different things that are nothing more than unit stats, animations, and a few other things.. but nothing that would even hint of a unit cap.

Thank you,
    Nev

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: [Potential WIP]Army Unit Cap based on value of units

Did you try this mod?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...archtext=table

They have a more dynamic cap.

each unit as a weight (1,2 or 3) and a class (core, special, rare).

Then an army can have max 5 rare, and 10 special.

It means a full army needs to have at least a few core units, and cannot be 19 dragons.

If I take the example of HE, you can decide that dragons are rare units, with different weigth (sun = 1, moon = 2, star = 3).

And then Swordmasters are special (weight 2) and white lions are special (weight 1).

So you army could have
    - 5 sun dragons, or 3 sun + 1 moon, or 2 sun + 1 star, or 1 sun + 2 moon, or 1 moon + 1 star. And this means no other rare units
    - 5 swordmasters, or 10 white lions. Or 3 swordmasters + 4 white lions.

But not 19 dragons, or 19 swordmasters.