Thread: should demetrias be renamed if held by greeks other than makedonia?

Default should demetrias be renamed if held by greeks other than makedonia?

Demetrias in Thessalia is named after, and founded by, Demetrios Poliorketes, son of Antigonos Monophthalmos, and father of Antigonos Gonatas, the king of makedonia when EBII begins. For Antigonids it is natural to honor a member of their dynasty, but not so much for other greeks, especially Epirotes and Chremonidean league. The situation is similar to how seleukids dont keep the name Ptolemais-Akko. Since both epirus and KH often take Demetrias, it would be a nice flavor if it was then renamed. unlike akko, demetrias was afaik founded as a wholly new city so there is no previous name to revert to. Unless it can just be called Larissa instead, but those are of course different cities, and i dont know if EB in any other case ever "rename" a city to a different city.

Default Re: should demetrias be renamed if held by greeks other than makedonia?

I know through script, some settlement names are changed. Baktria when under the control of Pahlava is (something) i Balk if I remember correctly. As of this I don't know the whole story.

Demetrias isn't in the list of scripted settlement name-changes.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Demetrias isn't in the list of scripted settlement name-changes.
    i know, im wondering wheter it should be, and if so what name it would be. has the eb team thought of this, given that demetrias often is held by the anti-antigonid factions of epiros and kh? or is there just not a good alternative name?