Thread: Desperate for particular modding resource.

Default Desperate for particular modding resource.

I'm looking for any tutorial or resource that shows how to get a custom map into the Attila grand campaign. I know Ancient Empires has done it. I've asked there but got no response, I couldn't find anything in the Attila modding tutorials section or find anything from google searches.

I'm posting here just to try and get some help being pointed in the right direction. If someone could help me out that'd be great.

Default Re: Desperate for particular modding resource.

Ancient Empires using the same map, though - do you mean adjusted starting positions? As far as I'm aware that's just a case of editing the startpos file, which I'm sure there should be resources out there for you to use.

I mean the custom siege maps for campaign.

Hi I think I know the answer to your question! Somewhere deep in one of the ancient empires threads on the custom seige maps this was discussed and it turns out one of thier team called Causeless has created a custom tool that allows this to be done. It's not yet available outside the team though he says he intends to realise it after some polishing though I think that was like a year ago.
    It's great news for the modding community because CAs tools are completley brocken. I'm surprised that this development hasn't got much hype to be honest. When I first found out about it, I decided to start work on some custom maps because I hate the seige maps for WRE being so run down.
    I've got to say though the editor was a pain to work out. Barley any tutorials are out there, it crashes continuously, some features just don't work and the performance.... I got half way through making a map for Lugundum but now my framerate is below 10 consistently so I gave up. And still waiting for Causeless to realease the tool.
    But I have a question for you, have you had any better success than me with the editor?

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't even begun modding yet and probably won't for some time. I was just looking for any resources or tools as I'd love to try making custom settlements like Antioch or Alexandria for the Grand Campaign. I hope that tool sees the light of day as it'd be a great boost to the Attila modding scene.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Not sure if CA will allow such a tool to go public though.

Well Stratey, if you look here https://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Assembly_Kit_(TWA).html it says custom maps were always ended to be used in the grand campaign. It's just the tool is broken and was never fixed. So technically no one is doing anything wrong, it's just a third party tool like PFM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by skillfultree; May 15, 2019 at 06:10 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread moved from the Total War Attila General Discussion.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.