Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Updates

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Server Updates

I will be performing a series of updates over the weekend. There may be times I have to close the forums.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Server Updates

I am done for the day with major items. If you notice something not working right let me know.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Looks like we need to update some vBulletin stuff as well. I will try and get to that tomorrow. Time for bed tonight.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Don' t know if related but on my mobile phone, therd's a big black space on top of the page each time I'm opening a thread. By zooming on it, it seems that there's lines if code hidden behind it. Doesn't happen on forums' pages.
    I'm not at home and can't say if it appears on PC as well.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

It's happening in PC browsers as well, not just mobiles.

Sometimes there are 1-3 lines, sometimes it loads okay. Gotta be something pending with the rest of the vB updates.

It has broken the reply box as well, where the toolbar is all merged with the reply box:

The quick edit and stuff that saves the response without reloading the page is also messed up and unresponsive. It saves but you have to reload in order to see the altered post.
    Last edited by Ishan; March 24, 2019 at 02:39 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm getting three lines with the error message at the top of the screen, too.

On the forum home page, the same error message appears under the heading 'Latest posts'.

Also, when I clicked on Edit Post (on one of my own posts), nothing happened - no text box appeared.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

everything that my colleagues are saying also happens to me
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also, really hard to post or edit a post.

Testing Leonardos tip. It works.
    Last edited by mishkin; March 24, 2019 at 05:26 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I get this error.

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_block.php on line 442

Note, I got that error when logging in.

EDIT: When I submitted my post I got a message saying that I need to wait 20 seconds before posting. WTF! This is my first post this session, so something is definitely wrong. Now I get this error.

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

@mishkin: It is not hard to edit a post, just click on the "Go Advanced" button and everything seems to be working.
    Last edited by Leonardo; March 24, 2019 at 04:32 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Same here,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I can edit a post while I'm typing it. After I've posted it, if I click on Edit Post, my cursor turns into a blue circle which goes round and round - and nothing happens until I reload the page. This means that I can't get to 'Go Advanced' after a post has been posted.

It looks like you can edit your posts, but I can't edit mine. Maybe we're using different browsers (I'm on Firefox or devices (I'm using a PC)?

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Leonardo's tip to edit a post works for me (firefox/falkon)

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

I guess php was upgraded from 5.x to 7. php 7 throws a 'warning' level error using the preg_replace function with the \e modifier

for reference http://php.net/manual/en/function.preg-replace.php
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Has someone noticed less page loading times now? It loads much faster than before.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Page is coming fast but Loading Symbol is on the Tab for forever, and doesn't let me quote posts or so

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Page is coming fast but Loading Symbol is on the Tab for forever, and doesn't let me quote posts or so
    Yeah. GED mentions above that some vB features still remains to be updated as well. So we just have to wait for the 2nd update whenever he's online and able.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Also attachments do not apear under the "preview" button for posts neither the text already been writen. You need to refresh the page with the text re-writen and post inorder both text and attachment to apear!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I am sorry for the double post but in Mozzila Firefox 66.0.1 EDIT post fanction and smillies do not work.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

When replying to a PM the usual quote of the original PM is missing.

And yes, page generation is fast, roughly half the usual time (0.8 sec versus 1.7 for me)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

And editing a post is pretty much impossible...

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

And editing a post is pretty much impossible...
    If you can get that 'Go Advanced' thing to work, the problem is solved(ish*) - if not, I think this is a fairly sustainable, though clunky solution.

Copy out post contents, no, it probably won't save formatting. The method retains nothing in the current post.

Right click edit link, open in new window, and you have a functional edit page. Paste back in, edit as needed, save and it should work just fine.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; March 24, 2019 at 07:30 AM.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast