Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Server Updates

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Server Updates

Mak, I own you a beer for that trick
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Mak, Ishan, Special-K, you guys are kings among men. Problem solved on my end now.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Alright Squid is here to save the day! I'm going to be working on updating vbulletin today. There may be periods of downtime, hopefully there shouldn't be any but I can't guarantee.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Alright Squid is here to save the day! I'm going to be working on updating vbulletin today. There may be periods of downtime, hopefully there shouldn't be any but I can't guarantee.
    Well Squid, your trophy case is pretty full already, but if you sort everything out, I bet you could find some space for one of those lovely "Man of the Hour" trinkets I'll start doing the appropriate sacrifices to make sure the fora gods are kind to you!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Thanks, Ishan, Mak, is working now for me.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Perhaps edit the OP with a list of all the bugs that have been reported so far?

idk whether anyone else is having this, but when I post something it wants to double post it, so the warning comes up "you can't post twice in 20 seconds".

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    idk whether anyone else is having this, but when I post something it wants to double post it, so the warning comes up "you can't post twice in 20 seconds".
    Yeah it's happening and will be most likely fixed once all the updates are installed.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    I'm a little suspicious. This sounds like the setup to an elaborate April Fools' prank.

"A day or two", which by pure coincidence happens to be April 1st. Nothing suspicious about that at all.
    I suddenly remember that one April Fool's when all the moderators pretended to be robots from another planet bent on destroying the forum and annihilating its members.

By the way, I'm still having problems with editing posts and such, but I'm glad to hear progress is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Ah that explains why things work for me - I've been on source code default for... forever I think!

go to general settings in your profile
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/profi...do=editoptions

under Miscellaneous Options (the last section) there's Message Editor Interface:
    select o Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls which will save you keep having to switch in reply mode

hopefully you then get what I do; which is edit mode window doesn't quite open properly when you first hit it, but if you hit edit again then it loads properly including all the original text and formatting
    To add on to this... I also switched to the Rome II skin of the site which solved a lot of the site issues for me.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Hello. I can't create a signature. I don't know what this is about. This may be due to work on the server or something else, but after saving the signature it is not visible. Images are not loaded into the signature. Is this due to a change in the forum rules or is it due to work on the server? And I can't leave comments on blogs. The message window is simply not available. Firefox Browser. Thanks.

EDIT: The signature appeared, but it is displayed in not all my posts. The problem with the comments in the blogs remained. I am sure that when the work of the site will be adjusted, everything will fall into place.
    Last edited by Alexander78; March 29, 2019 at 06:54 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

There will be delay in the update to the site code. The version of vbulletin that we want to update to (4.2.5) is not compatible with the software the most recent OS upgrade brought us to, we need to do one more update of the OS before updating vbulletin, otherwise we'd need to do a second update of vbulletin after the second OS update. I'm working at the behind the scenes portion of the vbulletin update so that when the time comes it will hopefully go quicker and easier.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Thanks Squid!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    The problem with the comments in the blogs remained.
    Blogs are currently 'staff' only, and I think that applies to comments on them too (hence small amount of comments!)

There's a discussion here about opening them up, which you might like to reply on.

(The CMS articles, which are in the box above the blogs on the forum view, you can comment on, which is possibly confusing!)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    There will be delay in the update to the site code. The version of vbulletin that we want to update to (4.2.5) is not compatible with the software the most recent OS upgrade brought us to, we need to do one more update of the OS before updating vbulletin, otherwise we'd need to do a second update of vbulletin after the second OS update. I'm working at the behind the scenes portion of the vbulletin update so that when the time comes it will hopefully go quicker and easier.
    Let's hope for the best
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

@makanyane
    Thanks for the clarification.
    @Squid
    Good luck with your work.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Things are getting worst.
    So far by writing [img][/img] and adding the pic's link i could post an image to my posts. Now that is impossible!!!!
    Still no edit fanction, no quote one nothing. Do we have an ETA of when things will be normal again?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

All images -old and new ones- have the same format [img]link of picture [/img] but no pictures at all!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Yup. I guess at the least, this means that future POTW and GPOTW contests are on indefinite hold until the update's completed...

Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    Yup. I guess at the least, this means that future POTW and GPOTW contests are on indefinite hold until the update's completed...
    URLs are still working, people can just open the pics in new tab. I wouldn't put anything on hold. Squid will probably finish the updates soon before these issues continue any further.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Every post I make, is a double post. Using internet explorer in this computer.
    PS, if this post is also doubled, I won't delete it.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.