Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Server Updates

Campidoctor

Default Re: Server Updates

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Using internet explorer in this computer.
    What insanity is this?

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    What insanity is this?
    D'uh.

Just a big thanks to SQUID and GED and all the technical admins of this site! Normally we all experience not so much of all the hard work that the technical staff is doing "behind the scenes" for us all, because it works flawlessly. Thanks for all your work and we are patient. Good luck with the update!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Just a big thanks to SQUID and GED and all the technical admins of this site! Normally we all experience not so much of all the hard work that the technical staff is doing "behind the scenes" for us all, because it works flawlessly. Thanks for all your work and we are patient. Good luck with the update!
    When we post an issue here , its not a complain but a report to allow the technical staff to know what else they must look in for and fix it.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Thanks to our splendid Admin chaps GED and Squidly for their efforts in rectifying these problems, without them we wouldn't have a forum, that the upshot of it all.
    And a thank you goes out to people taking the time to report problems.��

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Well done again, the site was down for a while, the problem now is the images not showing, but I guess GED and Squid are on to that?

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

OK guys, its been a long night.

Squid and I talked the other day (Weds or Thurs I guess) about the best course of action here. We had at least one more operating system upgrade to go, and at least one vBulletin upgrade, depending on which order we did things. We decided that I would do the next OS upgrade before Squid did the site software upgrade. I did that tonight, and really I would much rather have shot myself.

The last OS upgrade went pretty smooth, the one tonight was a disaster. I might post details on that sometime on Sunday but for now I am whipped. The latest upgrade broke the wiki but I think thats a simple fix, and the vBulletin upgrade is a pain no matter what. Squid told me earlier today he would try to do that on Monday.

I am going to bed, its been a long 24 hours.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Thanks for the work you two did though. Good luck on the future stuff.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Yes, thank you and good luck!

Meanwhile, if you edit posts as I've been doing (right click on Edit Post, select 'Open Link in New Tab', copy and paste the post you're editing and then save it) this can lead to formatting problems - such as extra blank boxes when you include quotes. Caillagh de Bodemloze provided a solution - go to My Profile, General Settings and, under the heading Miscellaneous Options, select the Basic Editor - A simple text box, then select Save Changes. It should then be possible to edit your posts using the Edit Post button and to remove any extra BB Code which is causing the formatting issues.

Unfortunately, it seems that this can lead to the same post appearing twice. Also, when saving after editing using the Basic Editor, you may find that the page doesn't load - it gets stuck on the progress symbol over the 'Save' button. When that happens, I found that reloading the page solved this, and the post was edited.
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 31, 2019 at 09:08 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Thank you guys! Let's hope for the best

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Meanwhile, if you edit posts as I've been doing (right click on Edit Post, select 'Open Link in New Tab', copy and paste the post you're editing and then save it) this can lead to formatting problems - such as extra blank boxes when you include quotes. Caillagh de Bodemloze provided a solution - go to My Profile, General Settings and, under the heading Miscellaneous Options, select the Basic Editor - A simple text box, then select Save Changes. It should then be possible to edit your posts using the Edit Post button and to remove any extra BB Code which is causing the formatting issues.

Unfortunately, it seems that this can lead to the same post appearing twice. Also, when saving after editing using the Basic Editor, you may find that the page doesn't load - it gets stuck on the progress symbol over the 'Save' button. When that happens, I found that reloading the page solved this, and the post was edited.
    Although I'd love to be given the credit, actually credit for the solution of using the basic or standard editor should go to makanyane, not to me :
    Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Ah that explains why things work for me - I've been on source code default for... forever I think!

go to general settings in your profile
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/profi...do=editoptions

under Miscellaneous Options (the last section) there's Message Editor Interface:
    select o Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls which will save you keep having to switch in reply mode

hopefully you then get what I do; which is edit mode window doesn't quite open properly when you first hit it, but if you hit edit again then it loads properly including all the original text and formatting

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness

Cool, thanks makanyane! The tip about using the extra formatting controls looks useful, too.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Patience is virtue, and I like to think I'm virtuous. :: The pages are in fact running much faster - I now don't have time to do what I usually did when going to see my subscribed threads with new posts; Click one, and then while it loads open another one in a new tab. It now just opens straight away. Good going!
    Last edited by King Athelstan; March 31, 2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Wrong emoji
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Hi, I can't seem to attach/imbed images in my forum posts, also when I try to edit a post the page is just continuously loading.....nothing happens.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0TheLastTemplar0 View Post
    Hi, I can't seem to attach/imbed images in my forum posts, also when I try to edit a post the page is just continuously loading.....nothing happens.
    Posts are actually edited despite the page looping. Once you've clicked to save the changes you can wait a second or three and safely exit the tab.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

@TED and Squid: Thank you for your efforts.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Images in the 1st days of TWC reforming were posible to posted if the user manualy wrote [img] [/img]. Now even that isn't working and all older and curent pictures are lines of text.
    The only way to post a picture is simly post its link.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

IMG tag is a part of BB codes which will work properly once all vB updates are installed.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Good news I'm working with an updated code base and all the issues mentioned in this thread are fixed, as far as I can see. Bad news there's also a database update component that needs to be completed before I can bring the full set of changes live and I can't get to that until later today as I'm in meetings for the next several hours.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Patrician Citizen

Still thanks for your work, people may not realise, but without your efforts there wouldnt be a forum. that goes for all the tech chaps.