View Poll Results: Shall Arkay be granted citizenship?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Arkay (patron Arachîr Galudirithon)

Default [Citizen] Arkay (patron Arachîr Galudirithon)

Good Day

I bring to this esteemed chamber a nomination for Citizenship, chiefly for the title of Artifex. I nominate Arkay. I have known Arkay for a few years now as a dedicated Council Member of the Council of Modders for Divide & Conquer (“DaC”). He has shown excellence in the field of battle map creation and holds a firm overall grasp of Medieval 2 modding, bringing numerous polish and bug fixes to DaC.

Without his tireless devotion to perfection, many of Middle-earth’s unique locations would not be represented in game. He has an extensive library of new settlement battlemaps and works diligently to fix and upgrade existing maps as well.

Beyond the modders’ forge, Arkay has also been a constant source of help and support to those with questions about modding and about DaC. I have seen his name pop up very often in various tutorial threads (TWC et al); helping newcomers get to grips with modding. He is always courteous and kind and I have not met a soul who has raised complaint against Arkay’s dealings with them.

In continuance of my presentation of his good character, hereafter linked are examples of the friendly and helpful nature of the man:-

Sch.1 : Sch.2 : Sch.3 : Sch.4

I will readily concede that my knowledge of Arkay’s time on TWC is based almost entirely around DaC and that I am the head of DaC so there is a sprinkling of nepotism to my being his patron. I would serve in defence of this that: is anyone better placed to comment on his character than a person who has now worked with, and known, him for over two years?

In any event, his fellow Council members speak highly of him also:-

Hummingbird "Polite, patient, friendly and always willing to help the team and other modders when able."

TheEliteDwarf "Arkay is a friendly and hardworking individual who has shown great dedication to his craft. His contributions to Divide and Conquer and to the general modding community are a testament to that. With that said, Arkay has been a personal inspiration to me to strive to go above and beyond the work that I do and continue improving on the person that I am."

I feel as though contributing to and helping to shape the course of a submod that brings in c.3% of the sites traffic at any given time is worthy of celebration and award.

It is for the reasons stated above that I feel, strongly, that Arkay should ascend.

Many thanks for your time,

Arachîr Galudirithon

Cair a Alph

Applicant's Supporting Comments Hello everyone,

I've been a user of the site for many years but I officially joined TWC only in 2014.
    I'm a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings and Medieval II so it was only natural for me to focus attention almost exclusively on Third Age: Total War. I've always been fascinated by their unique settlements, so much so in fact that I created my own.

My contributions

- Amon Hen & Undertowers
    My very first project, back in 2014. A simple submod that adds two iconic locations into the game. This is where it all began.

- Divide and Conquer
    DaC is a large overhaul submod for TA that includes more factions, units, scripts, strategy models and of course custom settlements. I've been one of the developers for two years now.
    If you're interested, you can find a preview of what I've done so far HERE.

- Alternative Patch
    Unofficial patch for TA by leo.civil.uefs. Initially, I assisted leo in implementing various battlemaps. Most of my settlements are now part of his submod.

- Europa Barbarorum II
    A total conversion mod of Medieval II set in the classical era. My main role here consisted in helping the team fix and edit some of their new settlements.

- Bree Custom Settlement
    Originally made by Devils_Advocate, the settlement was finalised and then implemented into TA with the help of another user (Mr. Jox).

- The Artists's Studio
    I took part in several contests and offered assistance in the Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service thread. I received the Bronze Medal for winning the Picture of the Week contest ('between three and eight times') and I also got the 2nd place in the Picture of the Year Competition 2014.

If granted citizenship, I would be honoured to be part of this community. I would also continue to provide help to anyone in need of assistance, to the best of my ability. Thank you all for your consideration and my special thanks to Galu for the promoting my application.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [Citizen] Arkay (patron Arachîr Galudirithon)

I like the sound of his modding work, it looks like he's made significant contributions. As Hummingbird and TheEliteDwarf said, he comes across as friendly and helpful.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Support

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

About time, but then again quite fitting now V.3 has recently been released.

Support of course.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Support. Quite impressive work so far

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Full support; had it not been Galudirithon who did it then I would had
    I add that in accordance to his helpful manner he's contributed to DCI: Last Alliance with some settlement tweaks we could not handle ourselves.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Imperial Legion support
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I think I've seen this dude here and there

I remember when he started to become much active in the TATW fora an since then I know for certain he was a dedicated and respected modder; he is certainly one of those "unknown" heroes of modding, who dedicate a huge amount of time to support many different projects. I can confirm as well about his character and attitude, a very fine fellow.

this is of

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

We advance on the Elves en route to delivering Arkay his well deserved Citizenship....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Support
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Support
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Poll up!

SUPPORT and voted.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Voted.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Voted

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Vented, volted, vetoed, voted!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast