Thread: Launcher wouldn't load mods or start the game

Default Launcher wouldn't load mods or start the game

Hello
    There is a problem with my launcher. As mentioned, the game won't start and the mods wouldn't load.
    I tried to fix it by going to the %appdata% folder and deleting preferences file and some logs like recommended here https://steamcommunity.com/app/36436...7008713380497/ with no luck, of course.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Launcher wouldn't load mods or start the game

Let's try this: Go to your STEAM's core folder (the exe. one) right click and run it as admin.

Thanks for the advice @Greek Strategos
    I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam after closing Steam, ran the software as Admin and it doesn't work.

Alright...you shouldn't have installed steam on your system disk btw.
    It's a very bad choice, since it usually makes it buggier than before. Ok let's see, is the launcher loading or it's not starting at all?
    Can you see your mod manager ? Have you tried the App Data fix ? Have you completely unsubscribed and cleared all your mods ?

The launcher is loading alright. I can press the "Play" and "Continue Campaign" buttons, as well as the Mod Manager, but I can't view any mods, so I can't unsubscribe from them, because the launcher seems to be loading them forever. Unless you would know of another way to do so.
    As mentioned in the first post, I tried the app data fix and it did not work.

I also completely re-installed the game and verified the game for any corrupt files.
    Last edited by ammo1369; March 21, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

You can unsubscribe your mods from steam's workshop.No need to run the launcher for that. Plus make sure you data folder has no remnanst of older mod packs.
    I would highly suggest you to use the old launcher instead since the beta one is still very problematic. If you want to use the old launcher,
    Just go to Warhammer/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.

The game works, so double thanks a lot @Greek Strategos for telling me about the old Launcher I genuinely HATE the new one. It is too slow and unresponsive.

Quote Originally Posted by ammo1369 View Post
    The game works, so double thanks a lot @Greek Strategos for telling me about the old Launcher I genuinely HATE the new one. It is too slow and unresponsive.
    My pleasure!
    Let's just hope they'll fix it, at some point.