Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cultural tensions (new post)

Semisalis

Default Re: Cultural tensions (new post)

I almost exclusively play rome in every campaign, but tired of seeing seleucids and antigonids being wiped out every single time i started a new one with your mod. after capturing taras from epeiros i got this weird bug with sanitation (look at attached picture).
    It happens happens the turn after i've conquered the city and no matter what i build sanitaiton always stays at -2.
    Other submods installed are: No PO garrison negative, more client state levies, testudo cultural tension part pack and testudo reforms part pack, 100 edicts for DEI plus several other graphical submods.
    I even tried to disable all submods except from yours and base DEI but the bug still happens.
    Switching to your lite submod version seemed to solve the issue though.
    Any thoughts on what it could be?

EDIT:Sorry posted in the wrong thread. Can a moderator remove it please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200214143017_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Goffredo85; February 14, 2020 at 08:08 AM.

Nando's Avatar Libertus

Why the mod is not in the workshop?

The update on this isn't as recent as the most recent DeI version, so should it still be working? Also, anybody know what happened to AI Arbitirs? Is there a currently functioning version?

It wasn't updated since I didn't find any effects in the beta that were altered so it should still be fine, Arbitis is incompatible with the current version of DEI i believe.

Thanks Dardo, also where is your version of Alternative Economy? (I presume that's compatible with this as well, and curious how it differs from the base AE)

EDIT:

I think I found it in the AE thread. Posted this there:

"Look forward to a new version, thanks for the work Dardo. Are the updates in the post above?
    Also, if not playing the current beta will it work with the previous version of DeI (the non beta). Or should it work with both? Contemplating whether to start a new MP campaign with the beta or not. Multiple units (aside from just Media) were added to it amongst other changes that I'm not certain are accounted for"
    Last edited by gnosis89; May 31, 2020 at 05:01 PM.

Little Rock's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Dardo

Thank you for you continued work on CT and AE.

I would just like to check that the following load order is correct, for these mods: AE + CT + beta fixpack125c + DEI.

Yes, from right to left.

Little Rock's Avatar Foederatus

Many thanks for your reply,

Started a new campaign and from the start CT and AE are making DEI a challenge, brilliant thanks.

Great to hear . There might be something else coming up soon as well.

Ooh, updates? By the way, I started a Nabatean campaign and found it weird that Eastern minor ports and towns bring in Celtic culture. I'm thinking Hindu or Persian would be a better fit.

No, I've been working on something akin to AE, but more focussed on policies and governing, rather than pure income etc.
    And good point about the ports perhaps, I had considered all factions that were 'Eastern' and as such African ones etc. also are more liable to trade with Celtic factions, and Galatia trading with Asian neighbors, but overall your idea would probably be more logical.

Added some more changes to the hardcore version, curtsy of CEMN2017:
    "Including "buffing" Judaism since it's unique and influential, and buffing the "native" culture of island regions"
    Regional changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ITALIA

Brundisum
    - Hellenic 5 --> 10

Cosentia
    - Italic 5 --> 10

SYRIA

Thapsacus
    - Celtic 2 --> Judaic 2

CORSICA ET SARDINIA

Caralis
    - Latin 2 --> Italian 10

Aleria
    - Punic 2 --> Punic 5

BRITANNIA

Mordiunon
    - Britannic 5 --> 15

Sleaford
    - Celtic 5 --> 10

HISPANIA

Numantia
    - Iberian 9 --> 14 (Because of the native Iberian culture on Ibossim)

JUDEA

Jerusalem
    - Judaic 15 --> 20

NABATEA

Charmuthas
    - Judaic 2 --> 4

PRETANIC ISLES

Elbana

- Britannic 5 -->15

SICILY

Agrigentum
    - Punic 5 --> 10

Syracuse
    Hellenic 10 --> 15

SYRIA

Thapsacus
    - Judaic 2 --> 4
    Last edited by Dardo21; July 05, 2020 at 03:46 PM.

CEEM
    That's one way to spell it

The reasoning was that Celtic culture shouldn't have more influence outside of Galatia than Judaism, and I thought the culture should have stronger strength around Iudea because of Judaism's historical strength and resilience against suppression in the region and uniqueness in the game. Additionally, I hadn't edited islands previously since they aren't influenced by neighboring Provinces, but I thought they should be more resistant to cultural conversion because of the historical difficulty in invading and establishing foreign rule on islands. Finally, I changed Carlis from Latin to Italic culture because I'm not sure the island having Latin influence makes historical sense, and because Rome could use some more difficulty in their backyard.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, compatibile with 1.2.6a ?

I love this mod. I am just curious if this cultural tension effects the AI as well, because those buggers are always having nice green public order even with below 60% their culture. I play on Hard/Normal.

Updated this about a week or 2 ago, forgot , added the new temple buildings.
    @Mbibbs05 the AI is affected, but by default gets a PO buff since they are so inept and would otherwise always be stuck with endless revolts.

Hey thank you so much for keeping this updated, was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the link for the Harder Version? Just goes to 404 Not Found error for me

Update, woo! The harder version seems to return a 404 though?

There's a fix in the 127 beta pack for 3 Armenian temples (Nane, Vahagn, Anahit, I believe they have Hellenic names in PFM though) that were missing Armenian cultural convesion effects too btw which might need CT adjustment in case you missed it.

Is this working with the new release of 1.7. Also, is DAI Arbitris somewhere to be found?? (or however it was spelled)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

don't use de ai arbitris
    it's outdated

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast