Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cultural tensions (new post)

Prestd's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Cultural tensions (new post)

Does anyone know if this will play nicely with Realism? Or will there be a conflict with the edicts in particular?

I think it should be fine, realism mostly clashes with Alternative Economy as far as I'm aware.

Salve Dardo21

thank you for updating the Culture Tension Mod Is the chanche that you are going to revise the De AI Arbitriis Mod from joysong because or is it still compatible with the current DEI version?

Sorry for my english .. Not my native language

I've never touched that mod before to be honest, and I don't intend to take over custody over yet another mod at this moment sorry .

I posted in the old thread, might as well post here too since I've updated to the latest version and the issue persists: Nomadic factions get the Cultural Differences penalty from their own culture. This can be proven easily by starting a game as Royal Scythia or Roxolani, who have 100% of their own culture in their starting locations, yet receive -15 in Cultural Differences.

Redownload the file, I also fixed that error for the Iberians, Illyrians as well as some other factions and given them the +20 diplomatic bonus that all other cultures have towards each other.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unsure if vanilla DeI issue or related to one of my submod (Age of Hellenism/Alternative Eco/Cultural Tensio) but howcome my tax is suddenly -51.5%?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 05, 2019 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Spoilers added.

This mod doesn't alter taxes.

Was an edict I left on with AoH

Yeah, I was about to ask if you had replied :p.

Well this is embarassing. I swear I downloaded and installed the latest version, but after redoing the process it works. My apologies!

No you were correct, I fixed the error after you reported it really quickly .

Oh is there a new version to download?

Yes.

Just to let you know the auxiliary barracks has no description when trying to build it with this new version. shows it when you right click however.

Yeah, that's because the tooltip bugs out whenever there's too much information to display.

Suggestion: Make every region's majority culture (possibly minor ones as well over a certain threshold?) bleed over to it's neighbors by a small factor (2?) to represent the effects of immigration, intermingling, local trade and so on!

This would create an interesting mix of cultures in traditionally mixed areas, as well as make it harder to establish a foothold as a completely foreign culture but easier for ones who already have a local presence in the region.

Enjoying the submod a lot so far for all the chaos and challenges it brings. Keep up the good work!

I think it already does that, if not, I'm not sure how I'd bring that about too be honest.

Well as we know, Culture spreads by Province by default, but not between Provinces. I guess that's what I'm getting at rather than per Region. This could be achieved by adding another factor like "Local Traditions" like "Neighboring province traditions" value to every Province.

So for example, the Suebia Province, which borders two other Germanic Provinces (Magna Germania, Lugii) would be harder to conquer as a foreigner, but the vast Lugii Province located at a crossroads would be affected by Celtic from Hercynia, Thraco-Dacian from Dacia and Nomadic from Sarmatia.

The Suebia Province would receive:

+2 Germanic (Magna Germania)
    +2 Germanic (Lugii)
    +2 Celtic (Hercynia)

The Lugii Province would receive:

+2 Germanic (Suebia)
    +2 Celtic (Hercynia)
    +2 Thrako-Dacian (Dacia)
    +2 Nomadic (Sarmatia)

The result is that 'Heartland Provinces' like Suebia would be more culturally stable, whereas 'Frontier Provinces' like Lugii would be more volatile.

Giving certain civilized cultures such as Hellenic more than +2 would make sense and be in keeping with the mod so that far flung colonies like Massilia, Bosporus or Carthage's holdings in the Iberian peninsula can resist being surrounded by foreign Provinces while exerting a disproportionate influence in return. And finally, it would add to the long term challenge for large empires spread out over foreign lands to keep control over populations who might not abandon their old ways in generations.

What do you think? If you like the idea I wouldn't mind helping out with the leg work!

That does sound like an interesting idea, but I don't see myself getting all of that set up for each single province atm, but you're more then welcome to help out if you want of course.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast