Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Cultural tensions (new post)

Default Re: Cultural tensions (new post)

Hey
    Playing as Syracuse

I find it odd than on the main city building chain, between METROPOLIS, HELLENIC COLONY and ALLIED POLIS, only ALLIED POLIS gives bonus to own faction's culture. Imo, if only one type were to give bonus, it would be HELLENIC COLONY since it implies your own people settling on the region.
    Tbh, I think all 3 should give a bonus, from lowest ALLIED METROPOLIS, followed by METROPOLIS and then the highest HELLENIC COLONY.

Regarding the small city building chain: it's as follow: Farming settlement (no bonus), commerce and civil settlement (same bonus). I could see farming settlement being kept as local, rural non colonized place, thus giving no bonus.
    But what about giving the civil branch higher bonus than commerce ? It would simulate the idea of investing in stabilty and colonization (which grants lower income) compared to Commerce settlement where you focus on trade (and make more money).

any thought ?

Both versions should be up to date with the new patch, @lequintal69, I've changed the influence for trade towns of eastern, greek and roman cultures, their global influence will now be slightly lower than before. They used to have around the same amount of global influence as the civil ones did locally. I've also re-balanced the major capitals of the greek and roman cultures, civil version will have the largest local cultural influence, then fortified version and lastly trade versions having the lowest, but globally. At the moment eastern capitals only have their trade versions spread influence, but this is higher (globally) than the other 2 get.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

hi!
    link for normal version is not working!

MfG Lupo!

Hello Lupo, sorry i forgot to answer, it doesn't work when I click on it, but it works when I copy paste the link into the browser bar, I don't know why the Google links are so annoying.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Hi!

thanks but not quite.....If anyone else has this problem, then they should try it with the Google browser. Only microsoft edge had the problem.Best regards Lupo!

Greetings. May I ask how to play with this mod, on steam?

Download third party mods and paste them in your Rome 2/data folder, then activate them in the mod manager and put them in the right priority (in this case, above the DEI base files).

Is it working with the latest DEI Beta?

I don't see any cultural penalties in my Public order window.
    But at the same time I have a single town with 98% of my culture.
    At what percent the penalties do show?

I just can't play regular DEI without this brilliant mod anymore

Hello Arturo, this should never break as far as I'm aware, it is designed to add/overwrite individual lines, no scripts etc. I've updated both files as it seems a large amount of religions were introduced, although I do not see any of them actually being added to any building or region yet. PO issues mostly kick in when your region is only around 50 % or below, so mostly newly conquered regions. It also depends on your own culture and any effects that might counteract it.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

It's working like a charm for me. Only optical UI stuff like the Field of Mars description didn't get the 'fixes' from the previous DeI versions.

Foederatus

Wait, what's wrong with the Field of Mars description? The only difference I see UI wise is the added latin cultural influence with the mod enabled.

Also is it safe to add this mid campaign?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456