Thread: Strat_map models tool

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Strat_map models tool

Is there any other tool that makes ms3d models to strat_map city models besides IWTE?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Strat_map models tool

I don't think there is, and anyway if there is I'm not sure if it will help what you're trying to do. You might have misunderstood my reply in the IWTE forum. I don't think your problem is the conversion/creation of the .cas file, it's that the model size you're trying to put into the .cas file is too large for the game. Large .cas files whether created by IWTE conversion from ms3d or via 3ds max & script will cause crashes. I don't know if anyone ever found out what the absolute limit is for an individual .cas file, but as having a lot of large stuff on the strat map also causes problems, so it might be better to re-design!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

In fact in Rusichi mod and in our mod there are .cas models x2 or x4 of that size of mine.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yup, large (vertice count) CAS models wreak havoc, so do their high (memory) size textures.