Thread: Welcome letter not Implemented?

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Welcome letter not Implemented?

Hello fellow Citizens! if I may be so bold as to ask, why my proposal says implemented.....
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-New-Members

While it quite clearly hasn't....

or am I missing something? in which case accept my apologies chaps! It was mentioned HERE...

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Welcome letter not Implemented?

This is just idle speculation as nobody has replied yet but it's up to the discretion of Hex as to whether to implement it; of course, automating something like that requires a little work as well.

It might just have not been doable and for administrative purposes marked as implemented and the thread was unstuck.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Perhaps we should draw up a version of what said letter would look like and submit it to HEX. Replacing the current version with the suggested one should not be an overwhelming process.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

TWC Welcome letter

Welcome to Total War Center
    Hello and welcome to the forums.

Here are some useful links that may help you with getting started on TWC...

• Terms of Service: These are the rules that all TWC users must abide by, please read them carefully. [Link]
    • Shankbot's Unofficial Guide for New Members: This may help you with posting and much more on TWC. [Link]
    • The Staff of Total War Center: If you need any help, these are the people who will be able to assist. [Link]

Enjoy your stay, explore and have fun. If you need any advice then feel free to contact a member of staff who will be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
    The Administrators of Total War Center

Well this was the welcome letter agreed upon. Perhaps the Curator could remind HEX please?and all that.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

We should also add to that welcome letter about where a new member can ask questions, usually in the Q & S forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Brig, did you make a new account to test this? I don't think the welcome message was meant to be displayed on the forum itself like the screenshot you show. If you recently made a new account can you check to see if you received a Welcome PM with the revised message or maybe a Welcome email?

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Brig, did you make a new account to test this? I don't think the welcome message was meant to be displayed on the forum itself like the screenshot you show. If you recently made a new account can you check to see if you received a Welcome PM with the revised message or maybe a Welcome email?
    Ah that may be it, my son made bogus account with his e-mail address, it may be as you say sir, I will check when he comes here and post my findings...thanks!