Thread: Weird mod file causing crash on startup - TOB

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Weird mod file causing crash on startup - TOB

I have some weird mod file that appears to be some type of file corruption in my mod list. This is causing my game to crash on start up and I am unable to get rid of it.

Any suggestions?

I have tried...
    1. disabling all mods
    2. Deleting and redownlaoding all mods
    3. Verifying game files

Still cant get rid of that long alphanumeric file name at the bottom of the list
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; March 17, 2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Weird mod file causing crash on startup - TOB

I bought ToB during the Luna sale on Steam, but since I don't use mods I can't help you with that.

In any case, I think you need to jump over the official TW forum and ask for technical support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I bought ToB during the Luna sale on Steam, but since I don't use mods I can't help you with that.

In any case, I think you need to jump over the official TW forum and ask for technical support.
    I have narrowed it down to the new launcher they installed last week or so. I was reading about it on their forums several individuals have similar issues like mine.

I am doing a reinstall then switching back to the old launcher. I will update then.

EDIT: Problem solved by choosing beta - launcher and this re-installs the old launcher.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; March 17, 2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

That's why you guys should be watching my threads
    I'm the Chief of Beards for a reason
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 21, 2019 at 05:21 PM.