Thread: Extreme Campaign Lag ONLY when using Reshade or any type of ENB.

Laetus

Default Extreme Campaign Lag ONLY when using Reshade or any type of ENB.

Pretty much as the title says, the game works completely fine without ENB or Reshade yet once enabled scrolling anywhere on the campaign map gives insane lag, I've tried following multiple guides on enhancing Medieval 2 Total War, reinstalled the game and even tried making it large address aware and cannot figure out the issue.

Civis

Default Re: Extreme Campaign Lag ONLY when using Reshade or any type of ENB.

Got exactly the same issue. I realize this user hasn't been on since August, just bumping the thread in hope that anyone else found a fix.

EDIT: Found a fix. Deleting d3d9.dll solved the issue for me. Effects still work fine. Really really odd. Hope this is of use to anyone else.
    Last edited by frotxy; February 17, 2019 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Added fix.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back with a solution.

The game's d3d9 driver might be unsuitable\outdated for use with ENB settings. It should be using now the system's driver: windows\system32 - mine is dated 10-06-2018.

Civis

Thanks a lot for the tip, Gigantus. I will definitely try it out when I have the chance.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Civis

That solved it! I've been scratching my head a lot, wondering why the hell the campaign map lagged but the battles didn't. And even more wondering why d3d9 was even relevant at all.
    Well.... i'm super happy it worked. Again, thanks a lot.

PS
    To any future users coming across this issue, if you replace the d3d9 file and it keeps replacing itself with the stock, older one (thus making the game lag again), then try to make the file, firstly, so that it requires admin properties to edit (if it isn't already), and then try to make it read only.
    *I didn't have this issue at first, but it arose later during these last weeks, hence the late editing.
    Last edited by Frotzy; July 18, 2019 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Added the "PS" part and fixed some formatting and grammar errors.