Thread: broken fog of war and mini map

Default broken fog of war and mini map

been doing some modding with geo baremod and adding in crusader units. every little while after some copy/editing checking out the results and ran into this, anyone know what I may have broken? goes away if i toggle_fow but comes back if I do it again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190316224342_1.jpg  

Default Re: broken fog of war and mini map

I seem to be looking for help too soon today, this is the second time i've figured out my own problem, probably should be less impatient.

in copying files from the crusader expansion I copied map_fog.tga from the crusaders data/world/maps/imperial_campaign into my own.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

as long as you come back and post the solution its still helpful, you won't be the last to make a mistake/have a question, so don't feel bad if you figure it out yourself, just remember to post the solution for the next person who runs into something similar.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Similar issues happen if you have map files in both the base and the imperial_campaign folder. The latter will be from copying a provincial\custom campaign set up.

Seeing that water_surface is in the imperial_campaign folder as well I am guessing this was at some stage a provincial campaign. Gotta love those pitfalls from 'bad housekeeping'.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 17, 2019 at 01:42 PM.