Thread: It is possible to remove deployable?

Default It is possible to remove deployable?

I just return after some months to have fun again with DEi but i wanted to have a better challenge this time. I understand AI is weak and there is nothing we can do about that. But i need ask this. There is any submod to remove deployable? AI is dumb to use them and for me it helps a lot defending those smaller cities. I don't think it is fair and i would like to have a more challenging battle if possible.

So i ask if there is a submod to remove deployable or if doens't exist it is possible for a modder to make this happen?

Sorry for my poor english is not my native language.

Default Re: It is possible to remove deployable?

Yes they are mostly assigned in the stance effects if I remember. Effect bundles to effect junctions table - I am not at my PC but when I am I can make it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes they are mostly assigned in the stance effects if I remember. Effect bundles to effect junctions table - I am not at my PC but when I am I can make it.
    Much appreciated thank you Dresden.

So am my latest game DEI 1.2.4, I was defending a smaller settlement and put barricades to block some of the roads in. The AI will either attack it efficiently or just run into it like idiots until the barricades burn down by themselves which takes 10+ minutes.

Is this just a normal Rome 2 vanilla issue and is there a way to make it so the AI isn't as dumb or that the barricades maybe burn faster?

Thanks!

In my latest game*

Just to add on to my last comment since it seems I can't edit. Since I know the AI is hardcoded by CA and I don't want to barricade. I'm guessing my best option is to find a mod that speeds up fire damage or changes barricade mechanics or simply try and mod this myself?

Quote Originally Posted by daimyo21 View Post
    In my latest game*

Just to add on to my last comment since it seems I can't edit. Since I know the AI is hardcoded by CA and I don't want to barricade. I'm guessing my best option is to find a mod that speeds up fire damage or changes barricade mechanics or simply try and mod this myself?
    I'm a mess today. I meant since I don't want to REMOVE barricades. Turns out I don't have enough points to edit a previous post?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 24, 2019 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

1. Yes, BAI is dumb - nothing new. The question of removing barricades or rebalancing them is being risen pretty often, so You can probably find somth regarding this issue in the forum. Personally I have no idea. Also I'm content with how it is now, since I'm mostly play eastern factions with not very good infantry and outright trash in garrisons.
    2. You need 25 forum measages to be ably to edit Your own posts. For some reason.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

go into the deployable file and lower the hit points on the barricades. simple.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

The easiest solution is just: don't use them then.
    That way, no one does any unnecessary work irl, and you still get the AI using them on occasion in the field, which is always going to kill some of your cavalry I've found. And the AI even lights the oil pits sometimes.

I don't get what is the problem with barricades? In my experience defending AI normally sets them in a straight line from one flank to another. Leaving to himself a narrow passage in the middle filled with spike traps. AI then charges his cavalry though this chokepoint (filling spike traps with his own horsemen), then eventually his entire army.
    Since AI normally has a huge advantage on strategic level, it is a nice little gift to player. Helps keep my own army numbers high.

And when I had to defend settlements, deployables helped a lot.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by daimyo21 View Post

I'm a mess today. I meant since I don't want to REMOVE barricades. Turns out I don't have enough points to edit a previous post?
    You'll need 25 posts for that. So just be more active