Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why you should play Pergamon

Default Re: Why you should play Pergamon

Prolly u shouldnt have invaded ephesos since they are seleucid's vassals is better to have the seleucids as friends and go for the byttinia and pontus province; let us know how is going

Teh_Diplomat's Avatar Foederatus

In my Pergamon campaign, Bithnya declared war on Lydia; so I was able to join their war, without having 9 other factions also declare war on me. Suffice to say that was super convenient to capture the other 2 settlements in my Province.

However, both Rhodos, and Knossis have decided to declare war on me, and while I defeated the Rhodians, the Knossis have rolled up the same turn to invade Ephesos catching me off guard.

It was looking bad in post 21 with two stacks from Thrace landing off my capital and at the same time the Galaton sizing me up. But after dealing with the Odryson stacks, the Galaton stack left the area due to Pontic expansion. So I was able get back to Ephesos and met two more Rhodes stacks. They sent one more after that, but they landed on the wrong side of the river in Ptolemy territory. I jumped at the chance an took Rhodes.

Odryson has two more stacks looking across the straight, but they never came. I think they headed to the interior. They are not at war with any one else but they also are not interfering with Galaton attacking Nikomedia. I see now that is because Rome has taken Naissos.
    I will need to try to be their buddy.

The additional income of Rhodes gave me enough cash to march up the hill to Pessinos without leaving everything unguarded. It was an epic battle to finish off Lydia, but now I have a complete province.

After some replenishment I will go after the remnants of Bythnia and the Galatians.

Yes, going to war with half the world in the first few turns made it tough. On the other hand, anyone that lives on an island seems to think they are going to rule the world. Especially Rhodes.
    Last edited by struckat; March 27, 2019 at 06:00 PM.

any news about the release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Fede3vium View Post
    any news about the release date?
    HaHa,everyone want to know.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 31, 2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex

Not yet, we havent set internal date yet. Hopefully before summer so late spring would be my guess.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

any news on the update?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex

We should have preview soon
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Even now before the refresh, Pergamom has probably the best Greek units around, but I can say that after the refresh, you guys gonna have a blust with it...

False, Macedon exists *Macedonian bias intensifies*

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

Quote Originally Posted by zala View Post
    False, Macedon exists *Macedonian bias intensifies*
    Well, you haven't seen their updated roster yet

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Well, you haven't seen their updated roster yet
    My phalangites will smash them I enjoy Pergamon though so Im sure i'll enjoy it .....any news on some More Macedonian love in the future?

Not for the Grand Campaign but...will have some information on something Macedon related here in a bit.

Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Not for the Grand Campaign but...will have some information on something Macedon related here in a bit.
    Legit just seen the news, cannot wait

BuT i DoNt WaNnA pLaY aS pErGaMoN

Can someone make a historical point for playing Pergamon? Despite their appealing roster and starting position, I've always been reticent to play them because as far as my historical knowledge goes they were pretty meaningful... I mean, the dynasty was founded by some random opportunistic guy who betrayed his leader.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Vicarius

well, like any other dynasty to tell the truth...

Pergamon has been one of the most important greek city-state (with a lot of land too) of the ellenistic period, form alexander death till the absorption into the roman empire (100 a.c. more or less).
    It lasted indipendently for 2 centuries and it was called the hellenistic Athens

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    Can someone make a historical point for playing Pergamon? Despite their appealing roster and starting position, I've always been reticent to play them because as far as my historical knowledge goes they were pretty meaningful... I mean, the dynasty was founded by some random opportunistic guy who betrayed his leader.
    Every faction in the game except Rome and Parthia contracted or at best maintained, rather than expanded, their “empire.” So playing as any faction other than those two is fantasy (unless I suppose you lose). Pergamon fought the Seleucids and Galatians, wresting significant land from each. They were a rich and stable dynasty, and with a more ambitious leader coupled with some good luck, could have built an empire. Plus the starting position is cool historically - guy’s master dies abroad and finds himself the ranking official in a castle with no heir and much of the war chest of Alexander’s empire, while the rest of the contenders for said spoils are embroiled in conflict with each other.

Well, first time postin in the forums.
    If i can add something, Pergamon have 2 of the best tier V unique buildings in the mod:
    Library of pergamon: 58% research speed, -2% emp maintenance, +2 influence to your local party, -30% regional income, +1% I class and +0,5 II Class citizens.
    Great altar of pergamon: +10 Public order, +2 inf per turn, +12 hellenic cultural influence, +24% wealth from all sources, Tax harvesting edict= +10% tax rate, 1,5% I and II class citizens. (and 0 negative efects).
    And both have a normal research rate, but the library appears duplicated in the tech tree, meaning it can be obtained in only 44 turns?
    That said, thanks devs for this amazing mod, its the main reason that i reinstaled Rome 2 1 year ago. (And sorry for the english, not my native language).

I think those were buildings we kind of added in from vanilla, probably need to be looked at - but tier 5 is definitely supposed to be pretty great. Perhaps need to be moved down the tech tree.

Either way, though, its a nice little bonus for getting that far with Pergamon after their pretty difficult start!
    Last edited by Dresden; June 09, 2019 at 01:10 PM.

Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

Quote Originally Posted by cracopyte View Post
    Well, first-time posting in the forums.
    Welcome! I hope you'll have a pleasant stay here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12