Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All advanced aliens are moral

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: All advanced aliens are moral

Why? You wouldn't bother to colonize single celled organisms or ants. The world isn't centered around us, our scale of things, understanding of life forms or limited senses.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    You will forgive me for saying that the only aliens we do know of and written about is the Creator whose morals are impecable and the angels whose morals in the case of all them that broke away from Him are the complete opposite. There is no evidence that life exists on any other planet so it is only speculation from over fertile minds that suppose such a thing.
    Can your god travel in light speed, I wonder?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Why? You wouldn't bother to colonize single celled organisms or ants. The world isn't centered around us, our scale of things, understanding of life forms or limited senses.
    If directed by us why bother if a single celled organism from someplace else what some kind of pod able to survive dormant for thousands of sure. But how do they leave orbit?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    There is no evidence that your god or his angels exist either.
    95thrifleman,

Oh but there is my friend and it runs through sixtysix books of the Bible. You may choose not to believe that but I suspect deep down you know there is a God.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    95thrifleman,

Oh but there is my friend and it runs through sixtysix books of the Bible. You may choose not to believe that but I suspect deep down you know there is a God.
    He may very well know that, and yet doubt that the Bible itself is the true interpretation of what such a broad being as God represents. Such things have a spectrum of thought.

And just because countless hours have been spent by man to make a convincing work doesn't mean it is evidence of that work being true. Someone just made a very apt post on that kind of logic, and conveniently, I have it on a side clipboard.

We know the Bible is true because God says so. We know God is always correct because the Bible says so. We know this claim from the Bible is accurate because God confirms it. We can rely on God's confirmation here because the Bible asserts that God cannot err. We can support this Biblical claim thanks to the very nature of its author, who is an all knowing God. God can be relied upon as an all knowing God because he is described as such in the Bible. The Bible's accuracy is confirmed by God's assertion that it is so. God's authority on this matter is established by the Bible. We know the Bible is true because God says so. We know God is always correct because the Bible says so. We know this claim from the Bible is accurate because God confirms it. We can rely on God's confirmation here because the Bible asserts that God cannot err. We can support this Biblical claim thanks to the very nature of its author, who is an all knowing God. God can be relied upon as an all knowing God because he described as such in the Bible. The Bible's accuracy is confirmed by God's assertion that it is so. God's authority on this matter is established by the Bible. We know the Bible is true because God says so. We know God is always correct because the Bible says so. We know this claim from the Bible is accurate because God confirms it. We can rely on God's confirmation here because the Bible asserts that God cannot err. We can support this Biblical claim thanks to the very nature of its author, who is an all knowing God. God can be relied upon as an all knowing God because he described as such in the Bible. The Bible's accuracy is confirmed by God's assertion that it is so. God's authority on this matter is established by the Bible.
    We know the Bible is true because God says so. We know God is always correct because the Bible says so. We know this claim from the Bible is accurate because God confirms it. We can rely on God's confirmation here because the Bible asserts that God cannot err. We can support this Biblical claim thanks to the very nature of its author, who is an all knowing God. God can be relied upon as an all knowing God because he described as such in the Bible. The Bible's accuracy is confirmed by God's assertion that it is so. God's authority on this matter is established by the Bible. We know the Bible is true because God says so. We know God is alwasy correct because the Bible says so. We know this claim from the Bible is accurate because God confirms it. We can rely on God's confirmation here because the Bible asserts that God cannot err. We can support this Biblical claim thanks to the very nature of its author, who is an all knowing God. God can be relied upon as an all knowing God because he described as such in the Bible. The Bible's accuracy is confirmed by God's assertion that it is so. God's authority on this matter is established by the Bible. The Bible's authority is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Biblewhich is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Bible which is established by God which is established by the Bible...

I reason like this:

1. If morality means anything, it means to try to reduce suffering.
    2. Current human rule of earth leads to immense suffering for both humans and animals
    3. If advanced aliens were moral, they would have put a stop to this already
    4. thus advanced aliens are not moral, as we understand it.

An advanced alien race which has achieved that which we ourselves will likely achieve in the comming centuries is so god-like in comparison to us that we can't possibly imagine how they see the world. For example, imagine their brains are all interconnected, so that concepts like "you" and "me" don't make sense anymore because they are a single consciousness. This is definitely possible. Then imagine they have conquered death. then imagine they infinite intelligence and memory. We can't possibly understand what these beings think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12