Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Released] AAA: Punic Generals (v1.0)

Default Re: [WIP] AAA: Punic Generals

Well, it's been 3 months since the last update Ben. Any news? These Carthaginians are taking longer than expected right?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Sorry for the delay on AAA: Generals - Punics; I was pretty busy last week so I didn't get to work on it much between Wednesday and Saturday to get the planned release ready for Sunday (15th December). However, to make up for that, I've put a lot of time into the mod since Sunday and am so, so very close to releasing it. All I need to do today and maybe tomorrow are the old age heads and the unique, custom helmet I wish to create for Hannibal and other middle-high ranking Punic generals. Below are a couple of screenshots of the current build.

NOTES
    • Custom Helmet Placeholder: The Samnite bronze helmet, worn by characters ranked 5-8 and Hannibal 2-8, is a placeholder for the custom helmet I plan to make. The Samnite bronze helmet will be available for the highest ranks of 9-10 though.
    • Hannibal's Eyepatch: Also, as I said two months ago in my Discord's #general-chat channel, Hannibal will lose one of his eyes once he reaches 30 years old (on turn 12 of Hannibal at the Gates), as demonstrated in the second image. He'll wear an eyepatch for the rest of his life after that either as a commander (general / admiral) or as a politician. In history it is said that he lost an eye around this time (speculated to be at the Battle of the Trebia, December 218 BC) likely due to an infection. As to which eye he really lost is up for debate - I simply chose the left eye due to the conversation I had about it two months ago (i.e. popular culture seems to consistently depict the left eye being lost) and I had to settle on one.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EXTRA
    Just a couple of images of Hannibal's head in the variant editor. Since he's an important historical character, he deserves a bit of extra attention (the character porthole rendering in Rome II, as seen in the spoiler images above, isn't as good as the rendering in battles or the campaign map. Rome II portholes do not render the gloss_map textures properly, making the characters look very flat where metal surfaces looking like plastic, skin does not have subtle reflectivity etc. This and the lack of shadows was fixed in future titles such as Attila - comparison image shown here). The skin textures he uses here are from the unused, cinematic version of his head buried in the game's files. The added hair (of which he had none in the vanilla game, making him look like a potato) looks much closer to what he looked like in the game's promotional material (minus the lack of a leopard cloak, since this is rank 1 uniform; he gets one at rank 3 and a more luxurious one at rank 7). As said before, he gets the eyepatch when he turns 30 years old.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Benjin; December 18, 2019 at 09:04 AM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

It looks wonderful! Well done, Benjin!

Looks badass !!

Suebi's Avatar Foederatus

great job !! plzz after this mod working on eastern

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

The mod is finally done, just in time for New Years! Sorry again for the wait.

I'll edit the first post on this thread in a while to include the download link / description etc, as well as the upload to Total War Center.

Hope you all enjoy it, and thanks for all the support!

Next will be the Barbarians - I'll start that thread after the New Year.
    Last edited by Benjin; December 27, 2019 at 05:28 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Released] AAA: Punic Generals (v1.0)

A W E S O M E

can i use all AAA, greek, rome, and punic without overwriting each one?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Yumi View Post
    can i use all AAA, greek, rome, and punic without overwriting each one?
    Yes, you can.

Duuude ive been away on holidays. Just came back and saw this holy . Hannibal looks freaking awesome you even put the damn eye patch. Totally worth the wait Benjin you are the best. Ive literally played total war three kingdoms and the whole time i said this game would be awesome if benjin made an AAA mod for it. The fact that rome 2 with your mods connect me more to the generals than the game which is all about them says it all. Well dome mate

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by LegionKarta View Post
    Duuude ive been away on holidays. Just came back and saw this holy . Hannibal looks freaking awesome you even put the damn eye patch. Totally worth the wait Benjin you are the best. Ive literally played total war three kingdoms and the whole time i said this game would be awesome if benjin made an AAA mod for it. The fact that rome 2 with your mods connect me more to the generals than the game which is all about them says it all. Well dome mate
    Man, surely your holidays have been pretty long this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Man, surely your holidays have been pretty long this year...
    I have two new years and a later christmas thats why lol

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey . . .”

- Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 2

Patrician

...can you adopt me?

Sadly two new years but only one gift

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey . . .”

- Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12