Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Default Windows 10

I'm looking at buying a new PC so my question is can Rome 2 be played on the windows 10 operating system?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Windows 10

Yes, what do you think we are playing at? Win95?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

[QUOTE=Daruwind;15758471]Yes, what do you think we are playing at? Win95?
    Well put it this way if I attempted to install Quarkxpress 6.1 or Photoshop CS I would have a problem as the new operating system isn't built for these old programs and Rome 2 is exactly a new game. I can remember when it came out a lot of gamers were having problems with graphics etc. on their new systems! That's why I asked?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Yes, you may obviously ran R2 on Windows 10, though I believe Windows 7 is actually a more stable alternative.

I'm playing R2 on Windows 10 and I used to have a coupld of issues related to Windows automatic updates that would just break the game and that I had to roll back to put things back in order. Though, I think the issue was more Steam-related, rather than specifically Rome 2-related.

Other than that, I haven't really experienced any problems.

Thank you Seleukos for your informative reply! Have a good day����

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by FEARLESS View Post
    I'm looking at buying a new PC so my question is can Rome 2 be played on the windows 10 operating system?
    yeap, just go for it...no big issues since the first big patch. Yo should be careful with the various small updates though, because some of them are usually a bit bugged at the beginning, but you can install-unistall them on the fly anyway, so not a big issue. Windows 7 will get Directx12 support though, if you don't want to take the Win10 jump.

I will say I have more trables with Nvidia updates than with Windows oriented ones. But they were in the last years related just to WH(s)...Well. Letīs say only the last live title has getting some improvements or hiccups in performance. Any older title is usually not related to any new features anyway and thier performance issues....

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I had some issues initially playing Rome II with Windows 10. I reported the solutions which worked for me here and here.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I will say I have more trables with Nvidia updates than with Windows oriented ones. But they were in the last years related just to WH(s)...Well. Letīs say only the last live title has getting some improvements or hiccups in performance. Any older title is usually not related to any new features anyway and thier performance issues....
    NVIDIA's drivers had issues during the first half of 2018, indeed. The most serious one was the Control Panel's complete disappearance, but AFAIK these issues were connected to Win 10 latest fixes. I solved it pretty easily though, by finding the culprit in the Update and disabling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I had some issues initially playing Rome II with Windows 10. I reported the solutions which worked for me here and here.
    Another thing that many people don't know (it usually affects Rome 2 among other titles) is that STEAM works better on admin mode...despite STEAM's message about possible issues etc you won't have any issues and your launcher-mod manager will probably be much more stable...

Hy guys,
    I have the general problem that mentioned earlier, but after hours of reading forum threads I cant find the solution, pls. help me.
    Some days ago Rome 2 started to crash by each an every launch (after the launcher opened, I click on the "Play" button, and then come the black screen for a second and I'm dropping back to the Desktop -and a crash report .txt appears in the Rome 2 directory) - I have to mention, that once time, somehow started to work but only for one time, I dont know how it happaned but I hope that it means not impossible to work again).
    Methods that I tried but didn't worked:
    - uninstall, and clean, fresh reinstall the game,
    - repalce TW Attila launcher files (Steamapps/common/Attila/launcher > Rome2/launcher...),
    - run as adminstrator / compatibility mod,
    - changed the language of the game,
    (OS is Windows 10 64bit, and the hardware requirements of course enough).

I'm really sorrowful, because I've never had this kind of problem since the game announced.
    Is there any solution?

Thank you for your attention, have a nice day to all!

@Dar

Are you using the new launcher? MAybe try reverting to old one ->
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-the-launcher

Or this could be caused by some faulty mod, launcher trying to update such mod or whatever.....so another possible cure might be to unsubscribe all R2 mods, empty the folder and verify game...(make backup of mods or just note particular mods for redownloading after issue is solved)

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Or try to delete Rome II > launcher folder. Steam will download then at next start a new fresh one.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Thanks for the tips, but neither the reverting launcher to old one (and vica-versa), nor deleting launcher folder didn't worked.
    Any Idea?

mods, remove the mods! Visit workshop, let steam list you all subscribed mods and unsubscribe. Empty the folder for mods...

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

If you have deleted mods and it still doesn't work, search for %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Rome II.

Delete complete Rome II folder, steam will reload.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; April 14, 2019 at 07:24 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

It was already mentioned and I deleted - to note: I've never used any kind of mods to Rome II. Yesterday I made a fresh install (deleted the game, all remaining folders, registry entries through cleaners, reboot, and then fresh download) and the game still doesn't work.
    Any idea?

Today I will give a last chanche to the game, but if there will no results I will finish with the game
    I cant belive that I have an original, supported software (collectors edition btw.) and not working on the prescribed hadrware / OS.

I have at times experienced problems related to the graphics card drivers. Have you had any automatic updates lately? You may try to revert to some previous driver of your card and see if that solves the problem.

I have the suspicion.... (but I didnt want to imagine this issue - a 2013 windows 8 compatible year game have a graphics card driver problem, is it possible?!) - recently (after aYear, I just updated my gfx driver). Thanks nVidia, thanks CA.
    Now, I'll find an older one. (But wich one? ...)

Tried to replace the drivers (2017, 2018... etc.) - nothing works...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

That was basically just a suggestion as I've myself experienced problems with the Nvidia drivers. You don't normally have to roll back as far as 2017, just try, for example, the driver previous to the one you currently have.

That is done, and today I tried the basic driver from my gfx card CD (I used my optical drive 3 years ago?!) - DO NOT WORK!
    I have an AMD-laptop, with Rome2 installation, I copied the Rome" folder to the Desktop Pc, but the trouble is the same.
    Other Idea? I'm sure, there is something total irrelevant and meaningles things (eg. a file somewhere, or a reg. entry) that is blocking my game....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast