Thread: Application Load Error 5:0000065434 when first launching DME

Default Application Load Error 5:0000065434 when first launching DME

I have purchased Total War: Empire - Definitive Edition, and I decided to try out DarthMod.

So I followed the instructions as shown here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...N-INSTRUCTIONS

I used ModDB with the two files, followed those instructions, launched the .exe and followed instructions.

Then, when everything had loaded in, I launched the Launcher, selected DME Early and 4TPY and jumped in - only to get the error in the title.

This is not the first time I am installing DME, the first time I used the same methods (but put the two files in the mods folder instead of the main Empire folder). I got the same error too.
    Before I redownloaded, I first deleted both main files and the DME folder in data. However, I am not sure if all files are removed, so is there another way to absolutely make sure I have deleted all DME files before attempting a reinstall?

Another question, what causes the error shown in the title? I think I'll just get that error again if I try to launch it again after reinstalling, so it'd be grand to finally get rid of that error.

I hope I've provided enough information,
    Telsion

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Application Load Error 5:0000065434 when first launching DME

First, verify the game cache in Steam then exit and re-launching Steam should correct the application error. There is no need to reboot your system.

Did you installed the DME 8.1 patch? If not then install it and try again.

You can always try the mirror I created for the DME mod plus the patch on TAL and downloading that doesn't requires two files, instead only file is required except for the patch.

Also, don't forget to change the settings in the DME launcher from DME -Vanilla to DME Single Player I think it was before launching the game without exiting the DME launcher.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post

Did you installed the DME 8.1 patch? If not then install it and try again.
    That did it! Thanks for your help.

You can always try the mirror I created for the DME mod plus the patch on TAL and downloading that doesn't requires two files, instead only file is required except for the patch.
    I had tried this one before I tried the 2 part download yesterday, but I got a message that I lacked a 2-file - which was odd, but at least it's solved now.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

You're welcome.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.