9 60.00%
  • America (1789 or 1796)

8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What's Next? You Decide!

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default What's Next? You Decide!

After a discussion among Shed and suggestions from players, the members of Shed have decided to once more do a poll for roleplay settings. This time, Shed desires to do new ideas, either both discussed or recently proposed. Among the various ideas discussed, four (technically five) primary settings have been chosen. Three historical settings in Scotland and Bohemia, the originally discussed Reunited Kingdom LOTR setting, and, lastly, the recently discussed Early American Setting. All of these have been decided to have the most potential for good player vs player interaction, political intrigue, and overall good internal struggles.

Scotland (1403) - James I has been captured by the English, his captivity secured in London and the throne is without a King. Factions begin to form and jostle for power as the loyal and disloyal make their intentions known. Will James I be freed and returned to Scotland or will he lose his crown and throne? The question is will it be another Stewart or a new upstart?

Bohemia (1307) - 1307 is a dreadful year when Wenceslaus III is murdered, his death ending the royal line of the Premyslid dynasty. An interregnum is proclaimed as the country searches for a new King. Yet all is not peaceful as nobles of the Kingdom jostle for the throne themselves. Those both related to the dynasty and those who have the power to make their claim. Perhaps the Opavian Premyslids will claim the throne or a new dynasty will take up the crown.

Bohemia (1457) - A year after the removal of Ladislaus I from power, the country of Bohemia is undergoing great upheaval, both politically and religiously. Catholics are now beset by Hussites, a heretical faith that has endured in the country since the reign of Wenceslaus IV in the mid 14th century. On top of that, a number of the nobility of the Bohemian kingdom adhere to this faith and have great power at their disposal. Will a Catholic sit upon the throne of Bohemia or will a Hussite noble gain enough power to establish his own dynasty?

Reunited Kingdom - the High King of Gondor and Arnor, -name to be decided-, sits at the end of his reign as an old man and a mind that is not sound. Without an heir, ambitious cousins and relatives jostle for the inevitably vacant seat of power that resides within Gondor. Bloodshed is surely to be split, bringing forth a possible second Kin-Strife. *This setting will be focused solely in Gondor.

America (1789 or 1796) - The British have been sent home, a Constitution has been written, and the Republic of the former Thirteen Colonies is forming. With these settled, an election has been proclaimed, the first of its kind for the Americas! The future of this new country is still in its infancy and who knows what early actions will lead to for the future of the freshly independent American States!

If you want more details on each setting, do not be afraid to ask! Although, for the American idea, best ask Barry.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Re: What's Next? You Decide!

Voted

Can't say I'd vote for any of those but I can certainly express my qualms about each setting...

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Runoff poll made!
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed