Thread: Where can I find information about Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai History Period?

Default Where can I find information about Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai History Period?

As the title says: Where can I find useful information about Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai History Period? I mean Boshin War, Meiji Restoration. I want to understand the period of history in which I am playing.

Thank you in advance.

Cookiegod's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Where can I find information about Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai History Period?

Wikipedia, Google, library. Also, this youtube-video sums it somewhat up:

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    No one cares what Derc has to say.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝

Default Re: Where can I find information about Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai History Period?

There is a biography on Saigo Takamori... Not sure what else I would have to check.
    Most of the books I have on the Meiji Era are actually about the Sino-Japanese War and the Russo-Japanese War.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I managed to find these books online:

Jansen, Marius B. (2002). The Making of Modern Japan. Harvard. ISBN 0-674-00991-6

Ravina, Mark. (2004). The Last Samurai: The Life and Battles of Saigō Takamori, Wiley. ISBN 0-471-08970-2

Romulus Hillsborough. (2005). Shinsengumi The Shogun's Last Samurai Corps.

Thank you for your advice, is not so easy to find books covering the Boshin War.