Thread: Fatal Error

Default Fatal Error

Just installed the mod and tried to run the executable from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\rotk.
    I tried putting the mod in one of the DLC campaigns like Americas. But that only gave me an unknown error and crashed the game during the loading screen after I picked a faction and clicked start. Any ideas?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Fatal Error

You don’t have to do any extra work with/after installing; just run installer(s), point at Medieval II main directory, and after install is complete run the mod from the desktop shortcut. I’d suggest a clean reinstall of the mod.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I did. Twice. And when I tried to start the mod, this happens. And I don't get a desktop shortcut either

Foederatus

Do you have clean install of medieval 2? im not sure if this would cause such error though

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx23ify View Post
    I did. Twice. And when I tried to start the mod, this happens. And I don't get a desktop shortcut either
    You should have got a desktop shortcut from the base v3.0 installer. Assuming you installed correctly (3.0 first, then 3.1 Patch, then 3.1.005 Hotfix), the only issue I can think of is having Steam (and by extension Medieval 2 and mods) in the Program Files folder. It’s pretty much a consensus amongst the modding community to have Steam (and any games/mods) outside of the Program Files folder, as having games and mods run out of there has been known to create all sorts of issues.
    Last edited by Seether; March 14, 2019 at 08:06 AM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR