Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Old Cheese Picture thread! (You couldn't get more Cheezy)

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Old Cheese Picture thread! (You couldn't get more Cheezy)

lol I'm afraid it will be more the like of a big BBQ on one side of my vineyard, with a lot of people doing a lot noise, speaking with loud voices and a lot of smoke and smell.. plus no comfortable sits, but only ugly and very unstable plastic chairs

I'm sorry but I'm a dudeist, not a dufferist
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    lol I'm afraid it will be more the like of a big BBQ on one side of my vineyard, with a lot of people doing a lot noise, speaking with loud voices and a lot of smoke and smell.. plus no comfortable sits, but only ugly and very unstable plastic chairs

I'm sorry but I'm a dudeist, not a dufferist
    I rather fancy that you are a "dude" at heart and a duffer in spirit!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Blog Entries

well like I said in private, now that you made me think of that Dudeism and Dufferism are not that different, both are based mainly on enjoying the good things of life without stressing ourselves out of it Original Dudeism is much american (just like Dufferism is very much British), but I built up my own Italian way which is based on gorgeous food and beverages, farmer life and wild camping
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Basically, you can call it the Dionysism
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

I'd say Flinnism suits it better

sorry Brig, we are dirtying this gem of a thread, but we cannot help, me and my dear son, to do silly things when we are in the same room

norwegian speciality, brunost (brown cheese). made from goat milk and range in taste from mild sweet to strong caramel.
    taste delicious on hot new baked bread.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sċ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grĉd Enker og der grĉd Bĝrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ĝrn.
    Anders Sĝrensen Vedel

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

It looks like fudge
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

...and of course there was the famous "goat cheese fire" of 2013.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sċ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grĉd Enker og der grĉd Bĝrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ĝrn.
    Anders Sĝrensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    ...and of course there was the famous "goat cheese fire" of 2013.
    Hah. Didn't know that cheese could be so incendairy...

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post

norwegian speciality, brunost (brown cheese). made from goat milk and range in taste from mild sweet to strong caramel.
    taste delicious on hot new baked bread.
    That is most interesting, thank you sir.

Blog Entries

time for a new post

I had in mind to post one more unique cheese, but I think it's time to introduce you to the delights of her Majesty the Mozzarella, the Queen of all Fresh Cheeses.

Let me just start from the main point: there wouldn't be any pizza, without mozzarella. Yes I know, all around the world they are using all the kind of surrogates in place of mozzarella (and this happens as well in Italy, oh the horror!), but if you haven't tried a Pizza Margerita with original mozzarella, you haven't even started to understand what Pizza is
    Mozzarella is probably the most versatile cheese I know off, it being used raw, smoked, seasoned, cooked (in many different ways), mixed with other cheeses and so on an on. Besides, it can be found in different versions: some are purely aesthetic varieties (like the Treccia - braid), others use different milk (like the Mozzarella di Bufala) or have a different making process which gives it a different taste/consistence (like the Burrata).
    However, not to be parochial (more than the usual I mean ), but among the various Italian food products they try to copy abroad, Mozzarella is probably the most difficult to replicate.. I tasted some "local" products around the Europe, but hem..

few images to stimulate your appetite

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The typical Mozzarella di Bufala (the consistence is usually thicker and the taste is saltier)

Treccia, it can be made with any kind of Mozzarella, actually

Burrata, it tastes like butter (Burro=Butter)

Smoked mozzarella, another classic and a must try for anyone liking smoked stuff

Caprese; probably the best way to consume it fresh

Typical Pizza Margherita from Naples

Last edited by Flinn; April 03, 2019 at 02:32 AM.

Senator

I always use Mozzarella for Pizza, you can`t top that.

Some years ago there was a case in Germany, where Mozzarella die Bufala was sold for a reasonable price... made out of romanian Milk powder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Some years ago there was a case in Germany, where Mozzarella die Bufala was sold for a reasonable price... made out of romanian Milk powder
    Lol, this happens daily, pretty much the same with Parmigiano and other typical italian cheeses (not to talk about olive oil or wine )

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

"Anevato" from Grevena, Greece.
    Mildly sour, mildly salty, soft and creamy, no particular shape or packaging.
    Cholesterol galore.

That looks so appetising sir.

Époisses de Bourgogne.

It stinks to high heaven, but is exquisite to taste.....banned on public transport in France, we can get it at our local Asda store .....

The particularly pungent smell of the Vieux Boulogne is created by the beer reacting with enzymes in the cheese.
    It even beat Epoisses de Bourgogne, a cheese so smelly it is banned from being taken on public transport in its native France.
    Read about it here chaps

Anyone have any cheese?

I think it's time to properly introduce you to the essential component of slavic sweet cuisine. Tvaroh, commonly known as quark in English speaking countries.

I have decided to spare you the cheesy puns on other things called quark.

While most of you probably know it as component of cheesecake (although I find the american style cheesecake quite bland), it's the slavic homelands of this cheese where you will truly find just how versatile it is...although, I admit that our Germanic neighbors have learned a few things about it already. It is, in its many forms, essential component of many sweet pastries, deserts and even hot sweet meals, and even as alternative (considering what many manufacturers do with it these days, healthier) to yoghurt. Most commonly it is paired with fruit, raisins (it only emphasizes its quality that it can make even raisins taste good), chocolate and, especially here in Czech Republic, poppyseed.

Just a few examples. My current favorite sweet pastry, Moravian cake (at least one of its many varieties). The crust is filled with tvaroh, with fruit jam in the center.

Palačinky, our version of crêpes, are usually rolled into tubes with sweet filling and often sprinkled with shredded hard tvaroh. And of course, I have to mention sweet dumplings with tvaroh used either as filling or sprinkles.

And worthy of mention is one of odder things that were commonly served in my school's cafeteria, sweet pasta (usually some kind of thick, flat noodles) with tvaroh and poppyseed.

And no, it is NOT ricotta.
    Last edited by Sar1n; May 22, 2019 at 02:55 PM.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Anytime I come home with a piece of Old Amsterdam I get a significant number of boyfriend-points

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default The Say Cheese Thread

Hey guys whats everyone's favorite cheese? I think mine is probably Parmesan or provolone.