Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it Game Over on the climate front?

Genava's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Is it Game Over on the climate front?

Here you should be even more skeptical- what drugs you put into your body. Especially in light of MERCK currently in the midst of a lawsuit over their vaccines.
    https://vbattorneys.com/blog/why-is-...tavax-vaccine/

https://www.facebook.com/MerckMMRLawsuit/
    Translation to the marvelous world of Stario:

A single issue, still examined and not resolved, is good-enough to be skeptical on the entire vaccination innocuity.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Climate change please, not vaccines.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...-george-soros/

You can always tell when the right is getting scared of someone because their constant lying always treads the same ground.

-Say the person is somehow connected to George Soros.

-Say the person is somehow connected to Antifa.

-Say the person is a Muslim (who are all secretly in ISIS).

-Say the person has some blood connection to the Clintons/Obama. I guarantee this will be the party line soon.

I just love how so many "Defenders of Western Civilization and Mankind" have been thrown into a panic by one teenager.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post

You can always tell when the right is getting scared of someone because their constant lying always treads the same ground.

-Say the person has some blood connection to the Clintons/Obama. I guarantee this will be the party line soon.

I just love how so many "Defenders of Western Civilization and Mankind" have been thrown into a panic by one teenager.
    You're confusing mockery with panic. If you thought that we on the right are in the least concerned with a teenage spoke person for left leaning policies you are delusional.

Genava's Avatar Senator

More than panic, it amazes me how much they are throwing centuries of philosophical methods and critical thinking in the bin simply by anti-conformism. The roots of the Western Civilization comes from those developments and they are falling in a caricatural version of anti-intellectualism, denying their own legacy and their own history.

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    More than panic, it amazes me how much they are throwing centuries of philosophical methods and critical thinking in the bin simply by anti-conformism. The roots of the Western Civilization comes from those developments and they are falling in a caricatural version of anti-intellectualism, denying their own legacy and their own history.
    Yup, in the old days a scientist would have been academically crucified for falsifying data to confirm a theory. Now it is praiseworthy and considered "scientific".

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Yup, in the old days a scientist would have been academically crucified for falsifying data to confirm a theory. Now it is praiseworthy and considered "scientific".
    Except what you consider data manipulation is normal handling of data. Everybody is doing some cuts or have to use some interpolations because having original data is not everything. Calibration, understanding where are weak spots, how to interpret data is crucial. Unless you do dumb graphs as you often brings here where people are comparing totally different variables and basically missing a few lections in basic statistics.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Except what you consider data manipulation is normal handling of data. Everybody is doing some cuts or have to use some interpolations because having original data is not everything. Calibration, understanding where are weak spots, how to interpret data is crucial. Unless you do dumb graphs as you often brings here where people are comparing totally different variables and basically missing a few lections in basic statistics.
    You're claiming that data manipulation is normal? That's the problem.

You think the scandal of Climate Gate is normal? That's the problem.

And if you think I'm the one always bringing charts to this forum it just shows how inattentive you are. I'm the one who was handed a block of charts by your side of the argument and asked to find the problem with them. I did.

No, and no. He is saying you have no idea how data is gathered or analysed. In my own crass, paraphrased way, of course.
    Last edited by The spartan; September 29, 2019 at 02:39 PM.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post

George Soros is known for funding globalist politicians and NGOs.
    Having her and her fmaily wearing tshirts of a group that isde-facto involved in terrorist activity is reasonable grounds for criticism. But I guess for some it depends on the ideology of mentioned group, so...
    Nobody suggested that.
    Also something nobody even said.
    Not really. Establishment used her as poster child, Internet made fun of the media campaign, establishment media had another temper tantrum over that poster child not being treated like reincarnation of Christ, the world moved on.

And if you think I'm the one always bringing charts to this forum it just shows how inattentive you are. I'm the one who was handed a block of charts by your side of the argument and asked to find the problem with them. I did.
    You are jumping from A to Z and missing a few letters..

Have you ever work with electronic research hardware? I doubt it because then you would understand that basically ANY such device needs calibration to provide unified response. What is calibration? In your world that is manipulation with raw data. I have sad truth for you. You almost never use raw data anywhere in physics. Calibration (because every device has different response to different input), remove noise channels/stations (because those screw statistics). Get rid of extremes (obviously faulty measurements like +1000 degree )......all these steps are normal because you need data that make sense. Not garbage. Have you ever read about Higgs Boson? We threw from window liek 99,999999% of all data. Because it was not useful...Because we knew what we are doing. You don´t.

If you have systematic error and like hundrets of station are off for a few years, what do you do? You claimed you work with statistics yet you again fail at very simple test. Of course you work the data to your best knowledge and effort. And you provide all steps so all people after you can check it...

If you fail understanding this and disagree with such steps well you know nothing about scince.
    Last edited by Daruwind; September 29, 2019 at 04:26 PM.

You are jumping from A to Z and missing a few letters..

Have you ever work with electronic research hardware? I doubt it because then you would understand that basically ANY such device needs calibration to provide unified response. What is calibration? In your world that is manipulation with raw data. I have sad truth for you. You almost never use raw data anywhere in physics. Calibration (because every device has different response to different input), remove noise channels/stations (because those screw statistics). Get rid of extremes (obviously faulty measurements like +1000 degree )......all these steps are normal because you need data that make sense. Not garbage. Have you ever read about Higgs Boson? We threw from window liek 99,999999% of all data. Because it was not useful...Because we knew what we are doing. You don´t.

If you have systematic error and like hundrets of station are off for a few years, what do you do? You claimed you work with statistics yet you again fail at very simple test. Of course you work the data to your best knowledge and effort. And you provide all steps so all people after you can check it...

If you fail understanding this and disagree with such steps well you know nothing about scince.
    Typical liberal response. If you can't defend your position,you hurl accusations.

No matter how you try to spin it, throwing out all the tree ring data except that which will fit your model is not scientific.

Typical liberal response. If you can't defend your position,you hurl accusations.

No matter how you try to spin it, throwing out all the tree ring data except that which will fit your model is not scientific.
    I see no arguments, no facts, no proves...

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Climate change folks talking “facts.” Lol
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    From someone who places rocks in his property on the same level as dozen of measurements by different institutions... This is as much intelligent than this:

You never will as long as you keep your eyes closed. I posted the link that explained what transpired in Climategate. Too bad you didn't read it.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.
    You never will as long as you keep your eyes closed. I posted the link that explained what transpired in Climategate. Too bad you didn't read it.
    UK 'Climategate' inquiry largely clears scientists - The House of Commons' Science and Technology Committee today said they'd seen no evidence to support charges that the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit or its director, Phil Jones, had tampered with data or perverted the peer review.
    https://www.deccanherald.com/content...ly-clears.html

British Panel Clears Scientists - Sir Muir Russell, the senior civil servant who led a six-month inquiry into the affair, said the "rigour and honesty" of the scientists at the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia (UEA) were not in doubt.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...limate-science

Oxburgh Report Clears Controversial Climate Research Unit - "We found absolutely no evidence of impropriety whatsoever," panel Chair Ron Oxburgh, a former geologist and Shell chair, said at a media briefing this morning.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2010...-research-unit

U.S. scientists cleared in 'climategate' - The US Environment Protection Agency (EPA) studied every e-mail that had been hacked at the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit (CRU).
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-10899538

Michael Mann Exonerated as Penn State Inquiry Finds 'No Substance' To Allegations - The 2-month inquiry has found that Mann is innocent of the remaining charge of scientific misconduct that had been raised by e-mails uncovered in November.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2010...ce-allegations

No ‘Research Misconduct’ by Climate-Change Scientist, U.S. Says - Finding no “evidence of research misconduct,” the Arlington, Virginia-based National Science Foundation closed its inquiry into Mann
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tering-inquiry

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    Oil shills mocking scientists. Lol.

Disney wants you to distrust unpopular woke opinions. Thats why they portray environmentalists as villains.

Purple man bad

Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

One week after the end of summer record snowfall. Four feet of snow in Idaho!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...end/ar-AAI427B

AGW proponent: "It must be global warming!"

Dunno about you, but my region is experiencing a record heat wave, must be global warming? It's almost like using a single weather event in a region doesn't tell you much about Global Climate Change
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.