Thread: Have encampment battles been taken out?

Default Have encampment battles been taken out?

Whenever I get attacked when I’m in fortify stance I get a CTD. The CTD happens when I have a fort built and the AI attack it.

Im playing as Rome.

have fort battles been taken out of the mod? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Default Re: Have encampment battles been taken out?

Had a fort battle yesterday, worked fine me. Was also playing as rome.

Candid, try verifying and reinstalling, maybe start a new campaign. If you're still getting problems come tell us and we'll see what we can do.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Thanks Petellius, I’ve tried verifying but it didn’t help. I’m hoping it was an isolated issue so will try more encampment battles on other areas of the map/different factions to see if its a global problem. I’ll keep you posted!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Fort will not spawn if battlemap is loaded near shoreline in case there could be a reinforcing naval force nearby. Basically game does not allow a battle map that was a fort AND a naval landing scenario in one. Even if there is no naval army nearby, game will still decide not to load fort in that case.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I was having the same issue on another mod not AE, basically fortify and ambush would not work... someone mentioned it had to do with the Regional Settlements and Colonization mod, and as soon as I turned it off everything was normal.

maybe check if you have that mod accidentally turned on, or something along those lines

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Fort will not spawn if battlemap is loaded near shoreline in case there could be a reinforcing naval force nearby. Basically game does not allow a battle map that was a fort AND a naval landing scenario in one. Even if there is no naval army nearby, game will still decide not to load fort in that case.
    So it's just another thing wrong with the Atilla

Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    For me it’s not a case of the fort not loading, I get a CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I was having the same issue on another mod not AE, basically fortify and ambush would not work... someone mentioned it had to do with the Regional Settlements and Colonization mod, and as soon as I turned it off everything was normal.

maybe check if you have that mod accidentally turned on, or something along those lines
    thanks Sagat. I’ve never used those mods so that’s not my issue. I actually managed to get a fort battle to load without CTD yesterday. I can’t pinpoint what’s causing the CTD glitch in some instances. What I do know is the Fort battle that caused CTD was near the coast so maybe KAM you have a point.