Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cao Cao Mission

Icon1 Cao Cao Mission

So I've defeated Xiliang and Gansu as Cao Cao but nothing happened afterward. Is that the last mission?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Cao Cao Mission

No, there is another mission after that.

Are you certain both Xiliang and Gansu are completely destroyed? Is Cao Cao still alive? Have Pang De, Han Sui and Yan Xing joined your faction? Do you control Hanzhong and/or the Wudoumi Sect is destroyed?
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Yes both are destroyed, Cao Cao is still alive. I haven't had any new characters yet. I control Wudu but Hanzhong is under Wudoumi control who is also my ally atm.

The next mission is supposed to trigger when Xiliang and Gansu are both destroyed; that is the only condition (aside from the Frontier mission being active). Either one of them still has a settlement somewhere or the script acted dumb and didn’t trigger the event for some unknown reason. If the latter, nothing can be done about it, except possibly using a save before both Gansu and Xiliang are destroyed.

I have the same issue with the next mission not triggering.

Gansu had already defeated Xiliang and none of the territories of the Wudoumi Sect have been captured. Wudoumi Sect is also still alive.

The next mission is to take Luoyang, you probably already did capture it, but there is a warning in the first mission text to not capture Luoyang until the mission to do so triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by theharkonnen View Post
    I have the same issue with the next mission not triggering.

Gansu had already defeated Xiliang and none of the territories of the Wudoumi Sect have been captured. Wudoumi Sect is also still alive.
    What mission are you currently on?

I am on the same mission as the OP, destroy Xiliang and Gansu. However, Gansu destroyed Xiliang much earlier in my game so maybe that caused it?

After a couple turns, the next mission still doesn't trigger. Are there perhaps city capture requirements other than simply destroy the faction? Xianbei took the northwestern most city before me.

All previous missions worked perfectly. They triggered the turn after the objective was reached.

I’m not sure why it isn’t firing - Gansu destroying Xiliang shouldn’t have killed the script. I may need to edit the script to include a condition to hold a settlement. I’m going to do that and test it out, making sure it is fixed for the final version. But, until then, if both Gansu and Xiliang are both destroyed and the next mission isn’t coming up, unfortunately nothing can be done about it.

Thanks, Seether!

This was why I was reporting the issue. I was going to suggest adding a settlement condition.

I am now on Yuan Shao mission two and find that it is set up similarly - Defeat Heishen and Henan. But this one has a capture settlement condition. I am going to finish this mission shortly to see if the next one fires correctly.

Yes, Yuan mission two works perfectly.

I’m going to go over the mission scripts for the 4 factions and make sure each has at least one settlement condition per mission.

During my gameplay as Cao Cao, I had a few questions:

1: I noticed that Xu Miao joins Cao Cao after the initial campaign against Yuan Shao. Shouldn't this be Xu You with Xu Miao joining later?

2: After defeating Yuan Shao, I was disappointed that no one joined me. I think Guo Huai may have, but he was an unaligned officer. Could maybe Xin Pi and Dong Zhao be the reward?

3: Cao Cao gets Guan Yu after Liu Bei's defeat. Shouldn't Yuan Shao get Liu Bei and Zhang Fei or was this unhistorical?

4: What files control mission parameters?

1) I could probably just have Xu You join along with Xu Miao.

2) I’d have to check, but I’m pretty sure Guo Huai joins via mission completion. Adding Xin Pi won’t be a problem. The issue with Dong Zhao, is that he is serving under Zhang Yang at campaign start, not Yuan Shao.

3) It is historical, however I’m not sure if it’s really necessary to add them to Yuan Shao after their defeat.

4) The main file is campaign_script.txt, which is located in the world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder

1) Cool, thanks.

2) I figured Dong Zhao could be killed off and reborn like Zhao Yun, since Henan is usually destroyed by Yuan by the Guan Du mission start. But its no big deal for Cao Cao not to have him.

3) I thought it would be interesting to show how Liu Bei was constantly a thorn to Cao Cao. I thought Guan Yu goes to Wei, and Zhang Fei and Liu Bei goes to Yuan. Then, Yuan is defeated, all three are killed off via scripting, then all three brothers join with Liu Biao if he's still alive. But again, no biggie.

4) Thanks! But I couldn't find the mission descriptions there (The text which describes the mission). Does the custom_missions.txt in the data/scripts/show_me also have to be modified?

You said you guys were done adding missions for the factions, so I thought I could try to add one for Lu Bu so I can relive my Dynasty Tactics 2 exploits.

The text for the missions is in data/text/historic_events.txt

Doesn't Zhang He joins Cao Cao after defeating Yuan Shao?

Zhang He, Gao Lan, and Xu Miao do. However, Xu You, if I remember correctly, orchestrated the defections.

Seether, I was playing Liu Bei and the False Emperor mission popped up. After abut five turns it was cancelled...with Yuan Shu left alive. Is this intended?

It’s a bug we can’t squash, but it’s not really cancelled - when Yuan Shu is killed and Huainan reduced to 2 or 3 settlements (I think), you’ll get a message saying you were successful and receive a reward.

Yeah there's four character that joins you though, don't recall the name of the last one. I've just finish off Yuan Shao.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast