Thread: Any earlier era mods than ROR out there? 400bc, 500bc ??

Default Any earlier era mods than ROR out there? 400bc, 500bc ??

Is there any mods that cover the 500-300bc era ? so earlier than Rise of Republic....
    I would think there would be at least 1 mod somewhere for this era, as it's easily just as interesting as the 200bc - 200ad Roman era.
    I'm sure it doesn't sound good to guys who prefer arcade campaigns with a countless units flooding every roster, but to purists it would be wonderful to play through.

I suppose early campaign would be the rise and height of Sparta, and late campaign would be the emergence of Macedon (Philip & Alexander) much more interesting in my opinion than Heavy Roman Infantry dominating every fckin thing for like 400 years straight

Last edited by Sagat; March 06, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Any earlier era mods than ROR out there? 400bc, 500bc ??

Well, the Wrath of Sparta dlc is set in the second half of the 5th century BC and it is supposed to cover the Classical Period of the Greek history with the focus on the Persian Wars.

If you want to play it modded, then obviously you can either go for DeI, or there is another dedicated mod, Hellenika, though I'm not sure if it's currently up-to-date.

As for the rise of Macedon, I don't think there is currently any mod that covers these events.

Yea Wrath of Sparta is a good piece of the pie, but it's only a small piece, Rise of the Republic is a bigger piece but still just a piece....
    As for Hellenika, it's been updated recently but just barely enough to work, I tried it for about 10 turns, it seemed they went for an extremely hardcore realistic approach to it which threw me off enough to stop the campaign, but I got to give it another try once they fully update it.

I'm assuming if there hasn't been a full Grand Campaign rework of that time period by now, there never will be, which is unfortunate in my opinion.
    A what if scenario of starting a Roman campaign building up the Empire for a showdown with the Macedons is every history nerd's wet dream.

Total War Troy is coming, my wish was answered