Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Reunited Kingdom (DAC V3)

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reunited Kingdom (DAC V3)

Well, Google Translate is letting me down here. But from what I gather you want a script where Dol Guldur and Angmar are controlled by Mordor when Sauron gets the One Ring. That's definitely doable and quite easy. However, I'm concerned about the balance issues. I think Angmar is a bit of a stretch but I can definitely see Dol Guldur joining. I may actually have to implement this as part of the One Ring rewrite for Heirs of Elendil... Thanks for the suggestion.

You are a hero Callistonian, thank you.

If I pull this off, do I get to recruit Gondor/Bree/Dol Amroth troops?

@Rad - yes.

That's it, I'm doing it! GO RK!
    I just hope the install is OK. I launched a few campaigns after I got reunited kingdom sub-submod, no crashes. I should be fine, right?

Спасибо за ответ Каллистониан! Я правильно понял, что вы планируете реализовать мой сценарий в новом сабмоде. И все же хотелось бы видеть присоединенный к Мордору и Ангмар.
    Да и когда ожидать завершения Вашей работы?

@Skywalker1976 - It is impossible to say when the mod will be finished. If we include your script, it will be in Heirs of Elendil, not the RK submod. I probably will not have need to update this submod as there will be a very similar bare-bones RK script in DAC V4 from what we've been told.

I got to the point which a quest appears, that sends me to dunharrow, to the oathbreakers, but when I reach edoras near dunharrow, nothing happens. I waited there for couple of turns and nothing happened. Then I went to Minas Tirith and nothing happened again. All other conditions are fulfilled. But I cannot finish the Aragorn quests, I guess. I tried to use SHIFT-R but it does not working, maybe because I did not completed the Aragorn quests yet? Welp.

Any ideas? Do you have the full list of quests? What am I doing wrong?

When I left Aragorn alone in Dunharrow, it worked. He should not have any army with him, you should have told us that. Now I have another problem. Aragorn quests are done, oathbreakers spawned, all the needed regions are belong to the right nations, alliances are good to go. But SHIFT-R is not working. And Aragorn waited along side Minas Tirith, nothing happened.(by the way you day anorian region, minas tirith. Minas tirith is not in anorian region, it is in pelennor fields. Anorian region is on top of it. I’ve waited as aragorn in both of them, nothing happened and all the needed conditions are fulfilled. Can. You. Please. Help. Me. This. Time. Thanks.

Sorry about flooding your thread. I cannot delete or edit my comments, I don't know why. I am writing this last comment in order to be more clear. I learnt that my knowledge of middle-earth was somewhat crippled. Let me tell you about my last position.

Aragorn is in front of Minas Trith. Oathbrakers have spawned and dissappeared after some time. Annuminas, Fornost and Amon Sul belongs to me(altough names of Fornost and Amon Sul are different?). Shire regions and Breeland belongs to Breeland. Gondor holds the Minas Tirith, W. Osgiliath and E. Osgiliath and I am allied with Gondor, Bree and Dol Amroth(am also allied with almost every other "good" faction including Variags of the Khand).

So, I think I am good to go. But as i've said, SHIFT+R is not working and reunification is not happening. I think I've installed the mod correctly, I checked twice. Is there a minimum turn limit for it to happen? Or some other condition that I should not have done? Like, when I isolate the Aragorn from his army in Dunharrow, Oathbreakers event triggered and they have spawned.

P.S:
    You can delete the comments before this one, if you want. I cannot delete them. Thank you in advance.

This submod does not change the Oathbreakers script. The Oathbreaker units should spawn as their own army so it shouldn't matter how many units you have in Aragorn's army. I do recall that it takes a few turns of sitting in King's Land before they spawn so that was probably it.

If SHIFT + R was never working for you then you probably didn't install the submod correctly and I'm not sure how you know the unification objectives except by reading this thread. You can try going to campaign_script.txt, searching Script: Reunited Kingdom, and deleting the ";" which comment out the last monitor. This will allow you to use SHIFT + R to form the Reunited Kingdom directly (best done on turn 2). If that doesn't work, then it will confirm you installed the submod incorrectly. You will need to start a new campaign to test that.

If I've learned anything from this submod, it's that I should always include a trivial menu UI element so people know the mod is installed correctly.

I've checked my files again, everything seems as it should be, but I am not so sure after what you said, maybe I am missing something. Shouldn't I suppose to copy the folders of submod and paste them into Third Age mod and change them with original files? Is there something I should have done but did not? And if I installed the mod incorretly, can I install it again and continue with my save?

P.S. I've deleted the ";" but SHIFT+R still not working. Which ";" I should have deleted? The one at the beginning of Reunited Kingdom? English is not my native language so sometimes I am having a hard time to understand the instructions.

When you copy the mod folders into DAC V3, it will ask to overwrite files. If it does not ask to overwrite files, you're copying in the wrong place. You also need to be sure to copy in the preferences folder, not just the data folder. If you have a section for Script: Reunited Kingdom in your campaign_script.txt, and this file is in the correct directory (Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign) then it should be working correctly.

Another common mistake people make is setting up the submod in a different mod folder and then launching without changing their batch file and config file. This means they're launching DAC V3 in another folder that doesn't have the submod.

It asks 70 files to be overwrited. I say yes. Both data and preferences folder. There is a section says, Script: Reunited Kingdom in my campaign_script.txt. I will launch the DaC from the bat file that is in the mod folder. Should I start a new game? Because my save game still does not offer me SHIFT+R and unification. And if i have to start a new game, how can I test the mod immediately?

I sent you a file on discord. Put it in your imperial_campaign folder (make a backup of the campaign_script.txt file that came with the mod) and start a new campaign and test SHIFT + R.

If you have multiple Third_Age_3 folders or multiple DAC installs for different submods, simply having the batch files in those mod's folders is not sufficient. The config and batch files must be edited to reference the correct folder name for the mod you want to launch.

How would I go about editing this script so that existing generals like Barliman or Boromir maintain their unique bodyguard, and so that Aragorn maintains the Grey Company?

I know the very basics of Med2 script modding (mostly changing buildings, unit stats, and watchtower positions), and I went into the campaign script and changed all the spawn_unit entries so that Aragorn's bodyguard should be Dunedain Aragorn Bodyguard, but he still stubbornly spawns with GB, and I have no idea how to go about changing other generals back to their original unique bodyguards.

Would the script need to kill them all and replace them with new versions of themselves?

@Witherfang - I think we already addressed this on Discord yesterday, but yes, the script would need to send those characters off the map and then respawn them in order to change their bodyguard unit. Remember this is not a save game compatible change. Check the RK script in Heirs of Elendil for how this is done.

After unzipping the download, how do i overwrite the DaC files with the submod files? I have not found any installation instructions.

You just copy the data folder over the data folder for your DAC install. Also copy preferences folder over preferences in the same way. It should overwrite a few files. Before you start a campaign check the date on the campaign_script.txt file from the RK submod and make sure it matches the date on the file in your mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder to be sure you installed the mod correctly. Remember that you can't use any other submods simultaneously (had that issue with someone recently).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast