Thread: Constant VFS Error

Icon13 Constant VFS Error

So I went to try and play Attila for the first time since AoC came out today and I keep getting this: "VFS Error: could not load the mods. It looks like the mods you have in your data directory don . play well together. Consider withdrawing them and reintroducing them one by one to see what the offending combination is. Don . forget to share your findings on the forum!"

The thing is I always get this message, even if I don't have any mods selected or even installed. I made sure that I was unsubscribed to them on my profile in steam and the modification ini has nothing in it. What do I do?

Default Re: Constant VFS Error

bump, can someone please help? My game is broken and I cannot play it right now.

me too

I'm having this now for the first time ever. I started by uninstalling mods and progressed to deleting the entire Attila directory manually and reinstalling the game, no mods.

What the hell. I have no mods. Clean install. Deleted ENTIRE Attila folder manually. Restarted computer.

I've never seen this before.

I've taken this to the official CA support threads, lets see what they say.

I deleted entire directory too and tried to start with no mods, still got the instant crash and error.

If anyone is having this issue do this:

Delete your Appcache folder, the contents of the Attila folder in the appdata/roaming folder, reacquire, roll back to 4.1, exit steam, opt out of 4.1 reacquire the latest patch.
    restart everything.

Take your latest savegame out of the appdata/roaming/savegame folder and put on desktop, you can likely continue campaign after it's all done.

This error is probably a corrupted install of the latest patch.

guys, the only thing you need to delete is: C:...\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\scripts\user.script.txt its a small file.

For me it helped to delete the "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Launcher" folder.