Thread: Any good strategy Age of Sails games?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Any good strategy Age of Sails games?

I am interested in age of sails strategy games with some naval combat. I have Empire Total War but I want to play other games as well. I would like a game with fleet management, some naval combat, based on 18th century or 19th century. I am willing to purchase the game so there is no need to go illegal. If somebody knows a good game, I would appreciate to know.

Default Re: Any good strategy Age of Sails games?

The only two I can think of are arguably inferior to Empire and Napoleon, but if you are purely interested in novelty, you can try them.

East India Company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6phu8vVFg

Imperial Glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCeoXUxm3ts

You have to wait, but this game can satisfy you

https://www.ultimateadmiral.com/

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail seems to be a great game, I have seen a youtube video and looks promising. I think it worths the wait. I have also seen elsewhere that another naval game from the same company is under development: Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts, but I can't find videos and/or screenshots.

I have East India Company in dvd, memories... I really enjoyed Pirate Bay and Battle of Trafalgar, since is available in Steam, I may check it later. I didn't try Imperial Glory, seems to be an alternative to Empire or Napoleon Total War.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Certainly Ultimate Admiral.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Ultimate Admiral looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Imperial Glory is similar to Empire and Napoleon. It has its charms, but they made it obsolete. Unless you are curious, nostalgic or need something that runs on a really old system, it's not worth it.