Thread: Tenth Anniversary of Empire: Total War

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Tenth Anniversary of Empire: Total War

It was the tenth anniversary of the release of Empire: Total War on Sunday. I know Content Staff have been working hard to mark the occasion. So far, there has been a retrospective review from the Eagle Standard, the current Picture of the Week is for Empire screenshots, and the Wiki team have dedicated a large part of the Wiki front page to Empire-related subjects.

Modders, too, have been celebrating the anniversary. Some of the mods involved are mentioned on the Wiki front page, so please look at that and then look at those mods. I know the Wiki team couldn't fit everything onto their page, though, so if you know of a mod that is doing something to mark Empire's tenth anniversary, please post here to say so. If you know of someone on TWC who is writing a tenth anniversary AAR, or someone who posted some art marking the occasion, or some other event on TWC related to this anniversary, let us all know about it here!

Default Re: Tenth Anniversary of Empire: Total War

I hadn't bought Empire originally but reading Alwyn's retrospective I'm tempted to now! (I might be 10 years late to it, but at least the DLC's are included now)

Whilst looking for info for the wiki feature I was pleasantly surprised about the number of ETW mods that are still being developed.
    (says the person who's still meant to be doing an M2TW mod!)

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

10 years? my how time flies eh! I joined TWC then and I cut my teeth on modding music in Empire and thoroughly enjoyed the game, pity I dont mod anymore really.I do hope C.A. consider making a Empire 2, I would come out of retirement for that.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness

I enjoyed reading the Wiki feature on Empire, I'm impressed with the modding work which is happening. As Caillagh said, there's an Empire-themed Picture of the Week competition.

The Writers' Study now has an Empire-themed Tale of the Week competition too.

If anyone sees other 10th anniversary happenings, I'd be interested to read about them.
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 08, 2019 at 02:21 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I totally forgot the 10th Anniversary of the release of Empire Total War, which was the first Total War game that allow the player to take command as an admiral for a fleet and fight a sea battle.

As for modding Empire Total War was the first Total War game to become advanced from a point of view of modding in which CA explained here.

Empire Total War are still one of my favorite game despite for not aging well.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    I hadn't bought Empire originally but reading Alwyn's retrospective I'm tempted to now! (I might be 10 years late to it, but at least the DLC's are included now)
    Have just found out that my other half has Empire on his Steam account, and probably has for the last 10 years, so I might try that first!
    (and apologies to everyone I've asked to look things up on ETW - I didn't realise we had a household version! - I must try talking to the OH occasionally...)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness

Thanks for the link to the official CA comment on the complexity of modding the game, Leonardo. I enjoy Empire a lot, too.

Makanyane, I hope you enoy it!

Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Well Done Mak I am sure you will enjoy it, even better with some of the Hosted mods, Darthmod and The American Revolution mod stick to mind ( I am biased as I was a developer of those back in the day) of course I made music mods which are still used in the TAR mod, but also I worked on the A.I. for Darthmod which the TAR mod is based on.
    Happy to report that I may issue a 10th Anniversary Music mod, sadly I will have to relearn how to make them, as my tutorials were lost due to a hard delete error.
    Still "onwards and upwards" there are plenty of tutorials to refresh this old duffers memory.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, I am here just to say that despite the bugs and issues, Empire Total War is my favourite game ever. Thanks to Empire Total War I discovered the fascinating warfare of the 18th century and since then I started reading books covering this amazing period: Spanish Succession War, Austrian Succession War, Seven Years War, American Revolution War. Hopefully soon I will start to read the translation of "Reveries, or, Memoirs concerning the art of war" originally written by Maurice de Saxe. Thank you all modders to allow this game to be even better and more historically accurate. You bring me to my life very enjoyable moments. You did an oustanding job with this game and I trully appreciate all your work, well done and a big thank you!

Patrician Citizen

Thank you kind sir, it great that our excellent modders are appreciated, please do post on your favourite threads and give your opinion, they are most welcome.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Despite the bugs, Empire TW was a very good game and the depth of it is unrivaled in the whole TW universe. I loved the multitude of options, trade routes, the huge map, the advancement... cannot be rivaled.

Yes, it had a lot of problems, but it was charming!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Despite the bugs, Empire TW was a very good game and the depth of it is unrivaled in the whole TW universe. I loved the multitude of options, trade routes, the huge map, the advancement... cannot be rivaled.

Yes, it had a lot of problems, but it was charming!
    I totally agree, ETW has that and NTW also have that in The Peninsula Campaign.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Janissaries still useless... needs an Fix.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Well the American Revolution Mod's 10th Anniversary Edition release for Empire is less that two weeks away! July 4th!

WooT!

hip63

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    Well the American Revolution Mod's 10th Anniversary Edition release for Empire is less that two weeks away! July 4th!

WooT!

hip63
    Hiiiip! You are around! How are you friend?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Hiiiip! You are around! How are you friend?
    Pretty good, married now, great gal. Got a rock-n-roll band. All good.
    Plus just working my ass off getting T.A.R. done in time for the July 4th Release. LOL

Hope you're doing good!

hip63