Thread: [Discussion/Proposal] Curial Dual Discipline System

Default [Discussion/Proposal] Curial Dual Discipline System

This is a working proposal. Everyone who is interested is invited to add their thoughts to create a more refined proposal.

Curial Dual Discipline System

Basic Changes

• Creation of a new “Probationary” classification.
    • Creation of a point system for disciplining of citizens.

The details are open to debate
    Plebeian: New probationary classification

Plebeian Class
    It is defined as;

1. Newly approved citizens and,
    2. Citizens who have accrued a certain number of curial warning points

They will not be able to;

• Cannot patronize
    • Cannot hold or apply for Curial Office

New Citizens

• Upon approval of the application, the new citizen is given the class, Plebeian.
    • The probationary period will last for 3 months.
    • At the end of the three months, if the Plebeian has not received a Moderation warning or Curial warning, then they may request to join one or all three citizen groups.
    • They will enjoy all the rights and privileges of a Citizen.
    • If the Citizen receives a moderation warning or curial warning, then Plebeian will have their citizenship revoked.

The revoked Plebeian will have to wait the required one month before reapplying.

Citizen Discipline Procedure

• Citizens who received a moderation warning will be referred like now.
    • They are then be given Curial warning level.
    • If the citizen accrued “x” level (TBD), the citizens’ classification will be reduced to Plebeian.
    • The probationary period will be for three months.
    • Citizens are not allowed to resign their citizenship while in the probationary period.
    • If a moderation warning or Curial warning is given, then the citizen will face an Ostrakhon.

Curial Warning Level
    I am not sure it is best to develop our own point system or simply utilized the preexisting Moderation Warning Levels.

Using the Moderation Warning Level System

• Citizens Curial Levels can use the points given by Moderation.
    • Moderation Warnings expire after three months, but the Curial warning can expire after 6 months as an indication of an increasing level of expectation of compliance with the ToS.
    • The probationary level could be set at 8 or 10 Points.
    • I would also add accumulating 16 points in a 12 month period should also result in probation.

Creating a Curial Warning Level System
    Curial Warning level can have a different value. We can call them Referral Points as to not have the levels confused.
    The system can be simple;
    Image Size Violation: 1 point
    Hard-to-Read Posts: 1 point
    Censor Bypassing: 2 points
    Off-topic Posting: 2 then 4 points
    Disruptive Posting: 2 then 4 Points
    Contempt of Court: 6 Points
    Defying Moderators: 6 Points
    Insulting Others: 6 points
    Obscene Content: 6 then 12 points
    Promoting Illegal Activities: 4 then 8 points
    Harassment or Invasion of Privacy: 8 points
    Using Modders' Work Without Permission: 6 points)
    Evading a Suspension: Ostraka- Already Suspended
    Impersonation: 2 then 4 points
    Other

A Couple of thoughts
    The latter created a somewhat unique system that would not get conflated with Warning Levels if we refer to them as Referral Points.
    I would also argue that there is no need to "appeal" for Referral Points since both Praefects and Moderation are infracting for ToS and not a higher ideal, like the Code of Conduct.
    Last edited by PikeStance; March 06, 2019 at 09:06 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Discussion/Proposal] Curial Dual Discipline System

Alright, I'm going to leave a comment how this applies to the New Citizens. Moderation I shan't delve into.

Plebeian Class
    It is defined as;

1. Newly approved citizens

They will not be able to;

• Cannot patronize

New Citizens

• Upon approval of the application, the new citizen is given the class, Plebeian.
    • The probationary period will last for 3 months.
    • At the end of the three months, if the Plebeian has not received a Moderation warning or Curial warning, then they may request to join one or all three citizen groups.

Sorry for dragging quite a small thing out of your proposal, but I'd just like to clarify a thing. A new citizen has to wait three months to patronize someone already, right?
    I'd dislike having to wait three months to become a proper citizen, after being accepted as one. The three months is supposed to see if they are fit to join the proper team, but wouldn't one already have to be fit to apply at all? No moderation warnings in the past 6 months, right? Adding 3 more on top of that seems a bit unnecessary.
    In addition, I became a Curators Assitant before three months had passed, and I thought it was a brilliant way of getting to know the ins and outs of the Curia better, which I now guess goes for Praefects as well.

From how I interpret it, I see the Plebeian class as a way of saying to new citizens "Congratulations for all your hard work, welcome to the Citizen- wait no, you're not one of us"
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

A Plebeian is a citizen.

The Plebeian classification doesn't change anything. You are still allowed to be a Censor (Curator's Assistant).

Personally, I would hope a new Citizen would not receive a Moderation Warning or Curial Warning within 3 months.

The Purpose is to create a "Probationary" Classification for the purpose of enforcing a higher standard of conduct. As said, I would hope a new Citizen would be able to do that.

Currently, A citizen could be temporarily suspended. That is, the badge is removed. What occurs is that the citizen would choose to 'resign" by default by never requesting the badge back. Moreover, they are no longer wearing a badge. The Plebeian badge thus shows that the citizen is on probation. Moreover, if the citizen slips again, then an Ostrakohn can be initiated. This should help reduce some of the citizens who are repeat offenders.

Just another note; The probationary status is meant to remind the new citizen of their responsibility to be a model poster on the forum.

Anyway, that was my line thought...

Added my thoughts on the "Warning System."