Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refocusing the Curia on the site

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Refocusing the Curia on the site

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Steam workshop is a real problem that no modding website has figured out how to solve quite yet.

We need to figure out how to solve it and how to retain new & young blood.

Potential solutions

1) Refocusing and rewarding the curia to look outside instead of inside (stop creating new curia positions & proposals that only affect the curia)
    2) The mod vault , what can we do about that and what proposals can we come up with ?
    3) Aggressively recruiting steam modders by giving them TWC forums -- making connections or offers
    4) Creating institutions and positions within the Curia that directly interact with the outside site instead of only within it

Thoughts? Solutions? Problems?
    No, Steam are not the only threat out there instead it's time that have changed everything and with time things also changed. Whether it is for the better or worse it doesn't matter.

As for the 3rd, I recall Halie once mentioned that TWC at some point was too aggresive towards modders, thus .org emerged in which directly or indirectly competed with TWC. So, I think we should not make the same mistake that once were made and that's to learn what mistake that had been made in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    This is certainly something that the site would benefit from, the question is just how to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I agree that we certainly have a problem here (steam workshop) I just don't know what's the best solution-approach, yet.
    I once had a staff position on TAL and my task was to promote TAL as a mod hosting sites for modders when I had the opportunity to do so.

Maybe something similiar here can work and that's to be a sort of a diplomat or a senator, whatever we call it, to be active on other community sites at the same time be active here too. In other words, someone or a few people who can attract modders to TWC to host a modding project here.

But to achieve that requires a lot of work with a lot of changes.

I've had said it many times before and it feels a little boring to repeat myself, but let face it TWC cannot grow and become a well known modding community site at least to be a mod hosting site similiar to what TAL is today (read about project hosting).

The way I see it has to do with the ridiculous low file size of 100 Mb on TWC Download, but somehow I don't see that would change in the near future. Probably never, unless GED wants someone else to take over.

Although bashing the curia just isn't the same w/o Halie around.
    I concur.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

In general I dislike the constant curia bashing as this can still serve as a useful institution if we give it a chance to do so. That might be revolutionary.
    What would be revoutionary woud be to have this institution more focuse on the site than on its own belly. When I see this kind of post, I can tell you that it won't be for a near future.

In addition to Flinn's post, discussing within the Award Committee is not to limit the discussion to the say "select" group but rather to come with something quite organized before to submit it to a larger audience. That way, the debate is more construtive as you can avoid loosing time on futile topics.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post

In addition to Flinn's post, discussing within the Award Committee is not to limit the discussion to the say "select" group but rather to come with something quite organized before to submit it to a larger audience. That way, the debate is more construtive as you can avoid loosing time on futile topics.
    Precisely this

@ z3n, nobody is bashing the Curia here, it's just a matter of efficiency; the way the Curia works is inefficient, at least compared to how we usually work in the Staff; I still remain that point 2-3 are something that the Modding Staff should be carrying out regardless of what will be the input/feedback from the Curia.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Imo this thread should be moved to the Prothalamos so that everyone on TWC can contribute. I didn't even notice this one existed, so I just made a thread of my own pretty much about this issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12