Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [AWARD] Arachir Galudirithon for Opifex

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: [AWARD] Arachir Galudirithon for Opifex

It is hugely disappointing to see this thread being derailed and in my opinion, even hijacked to discuss a matter that has no place here. This should be a joyous occasion, where we celebrate one of our most important contributors to the forums. The TATW section is the most visited forum on this site if I'm not mistaken, certainly when we only look at the modding sections. DaC has been and is (V3 has just been released to the masses) the reason for a huge part of all that activity. Apart from the modding aspect, definitely a huge contribution to the boards on its own.

It would be good to see only posts about Galu's nomination for Opifex, be it in support or opposed.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex Modding Staff Director

I'd suggest that people should be able to articulate why they oppose or support something. Raising concerns even ones based on misconceptions or lack of completed research should not be an issue especially as my own threads have encountered said issues in the past about what should be a "joyous" occasion.

I've had my own misconceptions in the past, numerous times, and I'm sure you have to. Anthonius simply wasn't sure about what Opifex requirements were and that's perfectly fine.

Anyway we should consider the matter closed and just move on.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

..the nominee must have made exceptional contributions to modding...
    Constantly developing and continuously supporting a sub mod that by now is a sub mod by name only due to the extensive changes and all that over a truly prolonged period certainly matches that criteria.

Support.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 05, 2019 at 09:14 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    It is hugely disappointing to see this thread being derailed and in my opinion, even hijacked to discuss a matter that has no place here. This should be a joyous occasion, where we celebrate one of our most important contributors to the forums. The TATW section is the most visited forum on this site if I'm not mistaken, certainly when we only look at the modding sections. DaC has been and is (V3 has just been released to the masses) the reason for a huge part of all that activity. Apart from the modding aspect, definitely a huge contribution to the boards on its own.

It would be good to see only posts about Galu's nomination for Opifex, be it in support or opposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I'd suggest that people should be able to articulate why they oppose or support something. Raising concerns even ones based on misconceptions or lack of completed research should not be an issue especially as my own threads have encountered said issues in the past about what should be a "joyous" occasion.

I've had my own misconceptions in the past, numerous times, and I'm sure you have to. Anthonius simply wasn't sure about what Opifex requirements were and that's perfectly fine.

Anyway we should consider the matter closed and just move on.
    z3n gave the answer for me...I pointed out that my intervansion had nothing persinal with the one that was nominated.
    But his nominee came the same time with the discuss of what a modder must do to have ANY KIND OF RECOGNISION.
    Searching for help for the mod i participate i come across with modders that offered extesnive (more than one submod or more than one mod) modding contribution without any of you guys consider to acnowlege that contribution.
    In my mind i have this idea....I play TATW and nothing else so who ever makes something he pleases me can be nominated the same time other modders that gave numerus tools, tutorials , mods we see their effort as granded and since its not in the mod we like to play non worthy to make a nomination. With the discuss being for smaller modding awards and taking this nomination as example what I am trying to say is that TWC must create a clear and without any misconseptions GUIDE of what a modder must do to become an Artifex and then an Opifex.
    Since I have not made such extensive work as the person that is nominated here i leave the Rank of Artifex as unworthy.
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Patrician Consul

Easiest support ever. I'd be fine just giving him my opifex if needed as he is far more worthy of it

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    With the discuss being for smaller modding awards and taking this nomination as example what I am trying to say is that TWC must create a clear and without any misconseptions GUIDE of what a modder must do to become an Artifex and then an Opifex.
    Since I have not made such extensive work as the person that is nominated here i leave the Rank of Artifex as unworthy.
    It's of course your choice to leave your citizen rank behind either way; however I'd say opifex and artifex need to be kept in a fair degree of grey area when it comes to any criteria, because modding and modding contributions or just TW related contributions are not something that can consistently be defined and quantified across the board for everyone. Especially so with artifex and opifex being the earliest two ways (and for much time only ways) of recognizing modders.

This is mostly discussion for another thread though, however I would say it's unnecessary to resign artifex because of anyone's opifex nomination, or really any perception of contributions and their sufficiency. Thankfully you can still post in the Proth either way...but still seems like an unnecessary step.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff

Alright, I'd like this moved to vote whenever possible please
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

Signature by Lifthrasir

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Censor Administrator Emeritus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12