Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [AWARD] Arachir Galudirithon for Opifex

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff

Default [AWARD] Arachir Galudirithon for Opifex

Arachir Galudirithon for Opifex
    To qualify for the Opifex award, the nominee must have made exceptional contributions to modding or TW sections of the boards, either by modding or other contributions related to the those sections.

Mae Govannen mellon nin! Galu's catchphrase is heard far and wide, and today I bring him forth for the Opifex award. I could post this, and leave it at that but I shall go a tad more in depth

He is the current team leader of Divide and Conquer, a submod for Third Age: Total War. At the time of writing this, 2.88% of all online users (not members) are currently looking at the Mod Forum, which I find fairly impressive.

Now then, for his work! He joined the DaC team in 2012 or 2013, and since 2013 he has been co- or sole Team Leader. The original creator of the submod, Eöl is proud of what he has accomplished

Here are the various releases he has led, all massive posts with giant changelogs and a lot of work being done before DaC got its own subforum.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-3249-page-163
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ease-Patch-0-3

Years passed, and DAC got a new subforum, just in time for a new realease.

This is his 6th year of working on the mod, and shown immense dedication and activity on the way.
    Simply looking up his latest posts shows the amount of time he puts into this, and how much he supports the mod, but also the players, however simple it is. These are just a few random extracts, but they paint a picture of his polite attitude, answering questions and taking in feedback. I believe good interaction with the community is a very important aspect, which he covers. 1, 2,3,4, 5. These posts in themselves do not amount that much, but when they are just a few of many, it means more.

He has given DaC a fresh face, and after the creation of the subforum several new versions have been released.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ion-1-Released
    The latest version is Version 3, which was released yesterday, on the third day of the third month of 2019. Quite an appropriate date for a third version if I might say so.

Awards
    Galu has, through his years of work won Most Popular Modder in the 2014, 2015, 2016 Medieval 2 Modding Awards, in addition to winning the runner up Favourite modder for Medieval 2 in the 2017 Awards. I have no doubts that he'll go far in 2018's.

It now falls to you to decide if he is worthy
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

Signature by Lifthrasir

Flinn's Avatar oh man.. I did it again!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director Modding Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: [AWARD] Arachir Galudirithon for Opifex

Having interviewed him back in 2017, I have no doubt he deserves the Opifex; DaC has been on the edge for more than 2 years below his direction, and was the only submod really capable of following up with the success of MOS.
    Last edited by Flinn; March 04, 2019 at 09:42 AM. Reason: bloody typos
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

That's a no brainer here: easy support
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

CMS Blogger Award medal poll up. Vote for your favorite.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

As stated above, support

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator
    Citizen

Galu absolutely deserves an Opifex in my view.

Good call, KA.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex

Easy support

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I don’t need a second thought, Arachir’s youtube channel is what brought me to TWC in the first place after all, this is the least I can do back by supporting this.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Nope. There is nothing to suggest dramatically that his heart is giving out. His heart attack is a testament to how well he can recover from something like that.

Elfdude's Avatar The Blue Spirit
    Patrician Citizen Censor

Support.
    "Pride is not the antidote of Shame but its source, humility is its only true antidote." - Iroh

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    @ Elfdude, I don't give a for your condescending appraisal of my strategy. You haven't addresses a single point because I think you're unable to. I'm embarrassed for you honestly. Never has somebody so pathetically claimed the moral high ground. Piss poor debating, piss poor. I accept your surrender. Absolutely pathetic. Phalera my ass.
    When all else fails insult your opponents.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex Modding Staff Director

Support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

After looking at the chaps sterling body of work and 6 years in the making, I can only come to 1 conclusion......

Support.....With 26 steel boned, heavy cotton look underbust longer hip corset with vanity panel and lace up back!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

^^ For you or for Arachir?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

CMS Blogger Award medal poll up. Vote for your favorite.

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

Please help me to understand this nomination.
    Someone creates a huge and great sub-mod of a sub-mod of an existing mod and deserves the Opifex award?
    Has he made any other projects, tutorials, tools or helped OTHER mods with his help in an extensive way to forfill the award?
    CBUR project created 11 years ago and used by more that 20 submods and mods but no one ever nominated Ceasar Clivus for Opifex...
    That is what conserns me....an award nominated by someone that has large number of friends (public relations) but never created anything else but a sub-mod of a sub-mod of a mod?
    I do not say that his work is not worthy of nottice , maybe its an exelent one but in my years here in TWC I thought that Opifex award was given to someone with extensive modding contribution including varius mods (or sub mods), tutorials, help in the workshop to new modders or creating new tools. Does he have these requirements?
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

I'm not sure if I can vote in this, but in case I can, I do support, obviously.
    JoC
    For those who want to play a historical mod in a medieval setting:
    try either the Titanium, the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project + minimods,
    or the Broken Crescent + Buff and Shine submod.
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods: SSHIP (2018), Wrath of the Norsemen (2018), Broken Crescent (2018).
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding.
    Minimods for the SSHIP: Generals Traits, Provincial Titles, Crowns.
    Short guides for the SSHIP: population growth, forts and watchtowers.
    Pros and cons of having Merchants in an M2TW mod.
    Home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Dominant strategy in Attila TW and Rome 2 TW: “Sniping groups of armies”.

Flinn's Avatar oh man.. I did it again!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director Modding Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Someone creates a huge and great sub-mod of a sub-mod of an existing mod and deserves the Opifex award?
    Has he made any other projects, tutorials, tools or helped OTHER mods with his help in an extensive way to forfill the award?
    CBUR project created 11 years ago and used by more that 20 submods and mods but no one ever nominated Ceasar Clivus for Opifex...
    That is what conserns me....an award nominated by someone that has large number of friends (public relations) but never created anything else but a sub-mod of a sub-mod of a mod?
    I do not say that his work is not worthy of nottice , maybe its an exelent one but in my years here in TWC I thought that Opifex award was given to someone with extensive modding contribution including varius mods (or sub mods), tutorials, help in the workshop to new modders or creating new tools. Does he have these requirements?
    For the sake of clarity: it is no where written what is considered to be "exceptional" when it comes to Major Curial Awards (Opifex, Phalera, Novus, Loincloth, Divus); this has been discussed extensively before, but as a matter of fact it is up to every single citizen participating in a discussion/vote about a Major Curial Award to decide for themselves what they deem to be "exceptional". Besides, the fact that one deserving member does not have a Major Award does not mean that another one who is deserving as well should not get it, but rather that the former should be put forward for it, as late as it could seem.
    Last edited by Flinn; March 05, 2019 at 08:54 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

The qualifications for Optifex are quoted in the OP. What you say is a bit more than the actual wording in my opinion. And if someone didn't get Optifex who deserved it ten years ago this is a shame but all we can do today about this giving the award to everyone who deserves it today. Oh and, you can always nominate people yourself if you find that someone is worth it.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    The qualifications for Optifex are quoted in the OP. What you say is a bit more than the actual wording in my opinion. And if someone didn't get Optifex who deserved it ten years ago this is a shame but all we can do today about this giving the award to everyone who deserves it today. Oh and, you can always nominate people yourself if you find that someone is worth it.
    My question connects directly to this matter we discuss here.
    Please nottice that is not personal against the one that is nominated here, but some issues must be clear.
    So i create 12 models and i have 20 friends that happen to be full members in TWC , does this mean that their nomination is enough for me to become an Opifex?
    So as i point out in the thread -the link i added- is a matter of public relations?
    Do we low the creteria of such awards that in the past , people to get them had a HUGE modding contribution extenting far more that one or two sub-mods of sub mods of a mod!
    That is what i want to become clear ussing this nomination as example and not because he may or may not deserve the award.
    EDIT: A clear answer would be usefull ...If the cretiria have been lower the last years then i must leave the Artifex group because i do not deserve it.
    I have no mod or a submod released only 2 tiny tutorials that anyone could have been able to make.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; March 05, 2019 at 11:26 AM.
    Greek War motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

Citizen Gaming Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'm not sure if I can vote in this, but in case I can, I do support, obviously.
    JoC
    You can - perk of your citizenship

To clarify Anthonius - DaC isn't a submod of a submod. It's "just" a submod. One that does more than the mod it originated from in every way - There's more factions, a new map, tons of new units, different UI's, tons of new scripts, events, traits and so much more. It is larger than what it is based on in every way imaginable.
    I believe you don't quite grasp how massive DaC really is.

As for tutorials - He has made one on how to install DaC for all versions, including several things that apply to running all mods stable

As others have stated here: It's a poor excuse to denounce someone for a reward because someone else deserves it more - Go award them aswell!

And I see you linked to the new, smaller award discussion. Even if they were to be implemented at this very hour, I'd still put Galu forward for Opifex. He, in my opinion deserves it. And I highly recommend you try playing the mod, I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Sorry for poor formating, I've written this on my phone, with fantastic Norwegian autocorrect

Edit: Saw this now
    I wouldn't bet on it...Some get nominations for Opifex today simply participating or creating a submod of a submod of an original mod.
    Cheap shot at devaluing his work
    Last edited by King Athelstan; March 05, 2019 at 12:01 PM.
    Proud patron of 4zumi

Signature by Lifthrasir

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Cheap shot at devaluing his work
    No its not a cheapshot...I could post douzens of modders -even in the mod your extensive submod is based on- that did not get a nomination because NOT they did not worth it but they did not have enough suporters.
    I asked for clear this up...What must someone do to become an Opifex (1,2,3 things) inorder to have a stable basis who deserves what.
    Take a look in the published MODs in the same section TATW is....Some modders created or participated in creation in more than one mods in that list and no one ever said "thank you" to them in any form.
    Even the modders that created with KingKong the mod -without it your submod would never existed- never got such a award. Does this look fait to you.
    I would expect YOU starting your nominations to your benefactors aka the co-creators of TATW mod and ONLY when those would be awarded for giving YOY AND YOUR TEAM the basis to create something good- then expand the nominations in your fellow co-creators of the submod. The work maybe exeptional - i have no reason to doupt because i use no submod for my TATW mod because they ruin the original dream/idea the 1st creators had for their creation- but to be fair we must be GREATFULL 1st before asking recognition. As i poited out its has nothing personal against your mod or the one you nominate but the cloud that "covers" the MUST of someone has to forfill to get the award. If the numbers of friends isa factor then i would suport it too...But is the number of friends a reason for an award OR NOT?
    Greek War motto.

Citizen Gaming Staff

But is the number of friends a reason for an award OR NOT?
    No, it is not. And to clarify - I have had no interaction with Arachir until now, bar 1 VM and a very short PM chain. I'm not associated to DaC in any way what so ever. I am not trying to promote nepotism, nor am I denying that others have done a good job. I am all for more members being proposed and get their just due. To get an Opifex, one must have satisfied the criteria. If it needs, as I believe you're trying to say to fulfill certain criteria other than that, then by all means go ahead and propose some changes. The "MUST" isn't specific. There is no "One must make 5 tutorials, release 5 mods, create 50 models and write 100 scripts". The criteria aren't precise numbers, as they would then leave people deserving of the award without means to obtain it.

I believe a classic mudpit rule can be put in here, but in reverse. If one person is nominated for an award, it does not mean that others can't aswell. As things are at, I am merely trying to honour someone for his work as I believe he deserves, not to diminish any other modders work in any way.
    Proud patron of 4zumi

Signature by Lifthrasir

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex Modding Staff Director

Opifex is loosely defined, generally the only requirement is to have released exceptional work but we never expect modders to share or contribute to other mods. In large part thats why I want to introduce the small award since its an unexpected and remarkable act when we see generosity.

DaC is an exceptional submod and nobody can argue otherwise. I think it's great what Athelstan is trying to do.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast