Thread: [Submod] Seleucid Satrapal Rebellion Redone

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default [Submod] Seleucid Satrapal Rebellion Redone

Hey guys,

I've redone the Seleucid satrapal rebellion script. This will in the near future be included in the Age of Hellenism submod, but since it will take a while before the next update is ready, I've decided to put this one out already so that people can test it before and (hopefully) give me some feedback.

How is my version of the script different from DeI's?

* The Seleucid satrapies need to build up a bit stronger before they can potentially become rebels
    * The time protection has been extended from 15 to 30 turns
    * For the player-controlled Seleucids; it will now be extremely difficult for you to avoid the rebellion as only those satrapies that you have excellent relations with, will stay put once the script triggers. It may perhaps be a sensible move to pick one or two satrapies that are most vital to retain and invest in building good relations with them.

Tip: the Lydian faction is actually excluded from this script. It means that they can not rebel against their Seleucids overlords, or at least not via this script, and it doesn't thus matter what your relations with them are

* For the AI-controlled Seleucids; there is now only a limited number of satrapies that can potentially rebel. The rebellion will no longer be as severe as it normally is for the AI-controlled Seleucids

-----------------------------

* it doesn't obviously make sense to use this on the campaign where the satrapal rebellion has already triggered and I believe that you actually need to start a new campaign to make the script work properly
    * since the script was balanced around AE submod it's strongly recommended that you use these mods together
    * it's obviously recommended to play this mod together with Age of Hellenism; it will give you a really challenging experience to fight against Seleucids as they should fare better than ever before with higher autoresolve bonus and less severe satrapal rebellion. You can't just wait for all of their satrapies to break off as only some of them will and it will take longer for it to take place. You will thus have to fight both the Seleucids and at least some of their satrapies simultaneously
    * make sure that you load this mod above DeI in the new mod manager

Download link here

Enjoy and, please, do not hesitate to share your feedback!
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; March 04, 2019 at 06:36 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod] Seleucid Satrapal Rebellion Redone

Great!
    I'll check it one of these days

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Sounds nice man! Ive been planning a pontus campaign for some time now - will definitely give it a try once i get to that point

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Excellent

Very cool I will be interested to see how this tests out!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Unfortunately my free time is very limited so I will wait until this gets incorporated into Hellenism submod

Thank you, guys!

Nordling, yes, please, do once you start a new campaign and let me know how it's gone once the rebellion triggers.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Unfortunately my free time is very limited so I will wait until this gets incorporated into Hellenism submod
    Yeah, same here. I'll have time to play a full campaign hopefully during Lent.

Patrician

Hey, I've put this inside testudo and I've set protection to 62, I'm on 70 and nothing happened.
    Does it mean Seleuki are too strong and satrapies too weak?
    (I never checked the script.)

Yes, that must be the reason, indeed.

Plus, the rebellion is always a chance occurrence for each turn of your campaign which means that it's not guaranteed that the rebellion will trigger right after the protection expires and the satrapies grow strong enough.

What is your scale of Testudo's economy with regard to the unit upkeep? Same as AE?

Patrician

ok thx, I'll check the script and maybe I'll change some values for occurance

have no idea about AE, what I can tell is that with one region you can't sustain a full army and after 70 turns with rome I'm finally holding latium and magna grecia and I can barely sustain 2 full armies and earn some penny (speaking of HUGE).
    But it depends also on the PO level you want to keep since PO levels have "gaussian limitators".
    Wait for TWC to be ok again, then I'll release 1.5.1 with some tweaks and if you wish you can try 'cause campaign experiences are not so linear and depend mostly on your choices.

I was only asking, Jake, since the determining factor for each satrapy to become a potential rebel is the total upkeep for each of their army stacks, which has to be at least 2500.

A satrapy needs at least 2 stacks, each with the upkeep of minimum 2500, to become a potential rebel.

2500 isn't that much for the unit upkeep in AE, but in vanilla that would be a more significant amount.

Patrician

ah, now I understand your question, thx, now values are more clear

I already updated the upkeep values in the script for AE since you mentioned that a while back.

No problem, Jake! If you want you can just send me your game save and a list of mods you were using and I can look it up myself, too.

---------

Yes, Dardo, I remember you mentioning it. What was actually the value you put in there? 2500 is already my modified value, more suitable for AE, while in the vanilla script it is 1000.

3000 and 7500 respectively, for the 2 numbers that are in the script.

GS,

This script has already been included in AoH. Can you, please, close this thread then?