Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: descr_rebel_factions

Default Re: descr_rebel_factions

Quote Originally Posted by Titus le Chmakus View Post
    Yup I've double checked !
    OK.

What do you mean ?
    In the absence of any other conditions in your script, the first time FactionTurnStart for the player happens - which is when the game opens - the script will fire and close.

It won't trigger when a city revolts, which was the original intent.

CityRiots or CityRebels ? That is not the same thing is it ?
    Sorry, different condition for different purposes, my mistake.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

With 300 000 lines of code in the EDA / EDCT, I hope I'm not too idiot using the [TAB] as written !!!

How many [TAB] are required at the begining of each line ?

EDIT : how can that script work by the way ? FactionIsLocal ... for spawning Slave units ? Is that possible ?
    I would have hoped not, but then you asked about the bracket entry earlier - guess I went astray associating: [faction]----[TAB]

And as Quintus said - FactionIsLocal here simply defines WHEN something happens (beginning of the player's round). The WHAT doesn't really matter as long as a valid event and condition(s) precede it. It's my standard way of testing scripts.

CityRiots = unrest
    CityRebels = gone to the dark grey side (or the faction creator)
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 06, 2019 at 11:12 AM.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

I would have hoped not, but then you asked about the bracket entry earlier - guess I went astray associating: [faction]----[TAB]
    yeah no worries, better checking !

And as Quintus said - FactionIsLocal here simply defines WHEN something happens (beginning of the player's round). The WHAT doesn't really matter as long as a valid event and condition(s) precede it. It's my standard way of testing scripts.
    Ok, I thought it would be something like that ! But wasn't sure ... So why the hell doesn't it work ? I have valid units, the log doesn't say anything bad ... So what is wrong with that script ?

CityRiots = unrest
    CityRebels = gone to the dark grey side (or the faction creator)
    Yeah, there are 2 different events poping up at turn start. My need is to spawn different units than the "Brigands" when a city rebels (turns grey side into Slave faction). I would need to replace these regular "Brigand" units with some other of my need ! So that I can have monsters wandering the country side (set as Brigands in descr_rebel_factions) and have more normal units when a city rebels.
    That would help other guys here too !

EDIT : I made the script work using Bare_Geomod's campaign script. I reworked my script so that it would look like exactly the same, with the TABs and so on !

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
                spawn_army 
                faction slave, sub_faction portugal
                character    random_name, named character, age 25, x 85, y 189
                traits GoodCommander 1
                unit        Bodyguard Knights            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit        Waterdhavian Bowmen            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit        Waterdhavian Swordsmen        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit        Knights Samular                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
    But when I replace FactionTurnStart and FactionIsLocal with CityRebels and SettlementName, it does not work. It does not do anything. Not even add the units to the existing ones, nothing ...
    Last edited by Titus le Chmakus; March 07, 2019 at 03:05 AM.

I think your problem is here: Settlement_017

That's not a valid data name for a settlement. It should be sett_017.

What do you mean ? I've had the game working under that name for the last 3 years ! It never caused any problem ... The imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names is coded with that Settlement_017.

But I can try with sett_017 !

What do you mean ? I've had the game working under that name for the last 3 years ! It never caused any problem ... The imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names is coded with that Settlement_017.

But I can try with sett_017 !

EDIT : doesn't cvhange anything ... What is the file ruling the settlement names ? The one the game considers to be the settlement name for scripts ?

Is it called Settlement_017 on the second line entry in the descr_regions?

Either way, the problem appears to be with the CityRebels condition, which is the whole point of the script.

Triggering at the start of the game is redundant.

Is it called Settlement_017 on the second line entry in the descr_regions?
    Yes

Either way, the problem appears to be with the CityRebels condition, which is the whole point of the script.
    So is this Condition not working ?

Triggering at the start of the game is redundant.
    Correct ! Gona try with GovernorCityRebels, if it changes anything ...

EDIT : Doesn't ... Is this Event broken ? Pretty weird as the log says -> 11:37:20.983 [game.script.trigger] [info] 002 triggers tested by event GovernorCityRebels

EDIT2: It really seems to be CityRebel as I've tried CityRebel as event + FactionIsLocal as condition and it still does not work.
    Last edited by Titus le Chmakus; March 07, 2019 at 04:44 AM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Try "general" instead of "named character".
    Spawning slave generals can randomly CTD. named character is safe.

Got a last question guys : is the sub_faction compulsory ? I'm gona need some Rebels from the Slave faction only, who will not appear in any roster ... Or do I have to include them in some rosters but make them unrecruitable (not appearing in EDB) and removing them from custom battle ?
    Last edited by Titus le Chmakus; March 07, 2019 at 05:58 AM.

Blog Entries

sub_faction is compulsory. The faction entry there will be referenced against culture and accent dependent entries.
    You can use any unit that is listed in the EDU. If you want an unrecruitable unit then simply don't list them in the EDB. You can also exclude them from custom battles by adding the no_custom attribute in the EDU.

A thought regarding tests with the settlement name: replace it's name in the script with TrueCondition - that way the script will fire as long a city rebels\riots, thereby ruling out errors in the name. I would also suggest to include a historic event message (any of the default will do) before the spawn to indicate whether the event (CityRebels) actually took pace even if the spawn doesn't.

@Quintus
    I think Titus is using a basic Geomod set up where this is the automatic default labelling of settlements (and regions).

sub_faction is compulsory. The faction entry there will be referenced against culture and accent dependent entries.
    You can use any unit that is listed in the EDU. If you want an unrecruitable unit then simply don't list them in the EDB. You can also exclude them from custom battles by adding the no_custom attribute in the EDU.
    Do you mean I can use the sub_faction portugal and have england units in the spawn_army ? As long as the also have ownership slave ?

A thought regarding tests with the settlement name: replace it's name in the script with TrueCondition - that way the script will fire as long a city rebels\riots, thereby ruling out errors in the name. I would also suggest to include a historic event message (any of the default will do) before the spawn to indicate whether the event (CityRebels) actually took pace even if the spawn doesn't.
    Thats allright, have a look here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15755695

I think Titus is using a basic Geomod set up where this is the automatic default labelling of settlements (and regions).
    Wrong ! I'm using a map that my mod leader made long ago. I don't know if he used Geo_mode at the start, but it is anyway the name of the settlement I've always had in there !

Blog Entries

Do you mean I can use the sub_faction portugal and have england units in the spawn_army ? As long as the also have ownership slave ?
    Not sure if the units actually have to have slave ownership, I always assumed that is a slave faction specific entry enabling recruitment without being listed in the EDB, but otherwise yes. The units will need slave faction textures in the modeldb file though - usually goes hand in hand with ownership entries. So if you use units that don't have it then you will need to provide. Not required for units with the mercenary_unit attribute.
    My script senses tell me that you are actually testing for the attacker, especially with the 'wait' in place. Simple adding a FactionType condition (the attacker, as opposed to TargetFactionType (the defender) should do that more elegantly (there was a comma missing before sub_faction):
    Code:
    monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Settlement_017
            and FactionType slave         ; attacking general's faction
            spawn_army 
                character    random_name, named character, age 25, x 87, y 187
                traits GoodCommander 1
                end
            terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Wrong ! I'm using a map that my mod leader made long ago. I don't know if he used Geo_mode at the start, but it is anyway the name of the settlement I've always had in there !
    No other reason I know of to have non descriptive settlement names identical to the default Geomod uses. Not that it matters as long as you have the correct spelling in your script.

Not sure if the units actually have to have slave ownership, I always assumed that is a slave faction specific entry enabling recruitment without being listed in the EDB, but otherwise yes.
    Slave ownership is compulsory, I've had a crash without it !
    The units will need slave faction textures in the modeldb file though - usually goes hand in hand with ownership entries.
    Yeah, I've seen that !

My script senses tell me that you are actually testing for the attacker, especially with the 'wait' in place. Simple adding a FactionType condition (the attacker, as opposed to TargetFactionType (the defender) should do that more elegantly (there was a comma missing before sub_faction):
    Nope
    It is not in case of an attack, it is in case of a Rebellion. As Withwnar explained, the CityRebels event doesn't work as intended. I've been testing that script in forcing a settlement to Rebel. And the script worked finely !

Did you take the first or second version ? The second is the right one

Code:

campaign_wait 0.1

if I_SettlementOwner Settlement_017 slave
                destroy_units slave sea_faring
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Settlement_017 slave
                spawn_army 
                faction slave sub_faction portugal
                traits GoodCommander 1
                end
            end_if

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Blog Entries

The second version (still missing that comma) has an added IF section which is not really needed, it can be included in the original one, else it's otherwise the same. I am guessing that the 'GeneralCaptureSettlement' essentially tests for a change in settlement ownership and is not dependent on a preceding battle as the phrase suggests. The 'wait' makes sure that the takeover is completed and hence the following test (the IF sequence owner condition) is then testing for that new owner.
    Hence my suggestion to simply test for the 'attacker' - eg the new owner.
    Code:
            and FactionType slave         ; faction of new owner
            destroy_units slave sea_faring
            spawn_army 
                traits GoodCommander 1
            end
            terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    As to 197 repeats: are you familiar with GED's script replicator?
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 07, 2019 at 08:55 AM.

I'll try tomorrow for that new script you gave me !

For the script replicator (not tested yet) and some other very useful tools, they do not work anymore on Win10 (mainly the EDCT validator) ...

Blog Entries

I recently did a 200K line script for EBII with the replicator, no problem there. Squids EDCT\EDA validator works fine as well, provided you have all the required files - which the program notifies you about. So does his script validator.

If you have python based programs then you need to use a version lower then 2.7, my standard advice:
    Make sure you have a Python version less then 2.7 installed, else install from the applicable download link
    Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 'regular' operating system
    Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 64 bit operating system

By the way, sub_faction isn't compulsory in script. In fact, I was under the impression it did nothing. Certainly not banners, as evidenced here and pretty sure strat models are from the slave's model definitions not the sub_faction's. sub_faction doesn't affect names or accents either, as I recall.

sub_faction works in descr_strat, compulsory even (?).

EDIT: there's a tutorial somewhere saying that sub_faction is required in script. CTD otherwise. But I think that was back in RTW.
    Last edited by Withwnar; March 07, 2019 at 09:43 AM.

Blog Entries

It actually does influence banners, just not 'faction' banners but rather the various slave banner symbols based on culture. No effect on strat models, underneath NE, ME, EE, greek and SE if memory recalls - we used associated religious symbols.

I am fairly sure about descr_strat being compulsory, but haven't tested myself if (or what exactly) it changes in scripted spawning.
    My bet is on above culture based banner symbols as well as accents used, determined by the sub faction selection. Without a sub faction it will revert to the slave faction's default in those aspects I am assuming.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 07, 2019 at 09:54 AM.

Is that screenshot with scripted spawns or descr_strat ones?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast